The Atlantic Council seeks a talented, energetic, and motivated Recruiter to implement and administer various human resource tasks related to talent acquisition and internship programming under the guidance and direction of the Senior Director, Global HR and Talent Development.
The Recruiter, will serve as an organizational ambassador to our candidates, ensuring a stellar candidate experience while reflecting Atlantic Council’s core values. This role will partner with the rest of our TA team to drive results and achieve hiring goals. This is an excellent role for a self-starter looking for opportunities to work at one of the most dynamic and fast-paced global policy organizations in Washington, DC.
The successful candidate will communicate effectively, thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and manage the high-level multitasking challenges of a busy and evolving HR department. The candidate must be discreet, collegial, reliable, exceptionally organized, and ideally, have an interest in working for a nonprofit mission-driven organization.
- Facilitate the full-lifecycle recruitment process, assist with job posting processes, track internal stakeholders’ hiring metrics, and meet recruitment goals.
- Ensure that the recruitment process holds a high validity and that candidates are being assessed in a quality-driven way
- Build and maintain external networks by proactively searching for active and passive candidates through channels and active diversity sourcing.
- Manage and maintain job postings across a variety of platforms, quantify results, and make recommendations for workforce optimization
- Help develop and enforce recruitment guidelines
- Partner with multiple hiring managers and HR team members to set and drive recruitment strategies to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing strategies.
- Work with hiring managers to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood, and candidates are assessed on proper criteria
- Provide an excellent candidate experience and promote Atlantic Council’s core values throughout the entire recruitment process.
- Stay current on the Council work and our Programs and Centers organizational structure, personnel policies, federal and state laws regarding employment and recruitment practices;
- Deliver recruitment process excellence by following internal policies and procedures, accurately tracking candidate requisition activity in the applicant tracking system, and adhering to all significant compliance and legal requirements.
- Involvement in/assist with administering various HR processes
- Facilitate new hire onboarding procedures
- Assist with day-to-day operations of a human resources department
- Ensure compliance with employment law and HR policies and maintain data integrity across all HR platforms and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 2-4 years experience in recruiting, or combination of HR and related field/experience;
- Experience with HR Information Systems; Paycom preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience multitasking;
- Knowledge of full lifecycle recruiting components such as talent sourcing, interview process, and relationship management.
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization from interns to executives;
- Proven ability to conduct competency-based recruitment.
- Experience using technologies solutions to support recruitment strategies, such as (but not limited to) candidate sourcing, social and digital media.
- Knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Sharepoint, or related software.
- Superior internet research skills with ability to take initiative on projects;