Sales Early Career Program
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
What we are looking for
Avery Dennison’s North America Sales Early Career Program (SECP) has a single business focus to build talent for our rapidly growing organization. With a concentrated blend of experiential on-the-job learning and classroom and virtual training, the SECP serves as the talent pipeline for roles throughout the organization.
We are searching for next sales standouts which include those who are daring, agile and desire a lifelong career in the sales industry. SECP Associates receive in-depth exposure by rotating through different assignments over the course of 24 -30 months. The position will be based in Mentor, Ohio – outside Cleveland.
What you will be doing
The primary role and responsibility of this Early Career Program associate will be dependent on business needs, and will also be tailored to individual ECP strengths and interests. However, during the program, you may experience the following opportunities:
- Gain a strong sales foundation: Sales Associates will craft the key skills and proficiencies needed to thrive in the sales industry & develop technical product knowledge
- Work cross-functionally to gain business insights and be exposed to various aspects of the business
- Develop key skills: Build skills in areas such as pricing, relationship management, negotiation, time management, and strategic business planning
- Master the sales pitch: Learn all about our products and help customers identify products that best suit their needs
- Pursue projects to identify future needs such as customer prospecting and lead generation
What sets us apart
Avery Dennison’s Early Career Program (ECP) is unlike any other with its emphasis on networking, community and support. From Day 1, networking is encouraged, promoted and expected within the program. As you are on-boarded with other ECP associates from the various tracks, you quickly develop a community with new, current, and recently graduated associates all committed to make sure you have what it takes to succeed.
A core component of the curriculum is the mentoring program. Paired with a leader within the organization, the program focuses on the transition from college to corporate, leveraging strengths and defining your career path.
In addition as an organization that values diversity and inclusion, we encourage our associates to take an active role in our Employee Resource Groups(ERG’s). ERG’s are a group of employees that help advance and promote diversity, cultural awareness and an inclusive work environment. Some of our ERG’s are Black Employee Resource Group (BERG), Elevate(Woman’s), NEO Chinese Association, Unite(LGBT+), Veteran Employee Resource Group (VERG) and Voz Latina.
What you will need to bring to the program
Avery Dennison has a long history of being an industry leader. Your history is important to us. It should include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or related field required with Sales minor or certificate a plus. Expected graduation date should be May 2022 (to start in June 2022) or December 2022 (to start in January 2023)
- Previous internship or co-op experience required or relevant work experience
- Experience via student organizations, such as Alpha Kappa Psi, Association of Latino Professionals of America, Multicultural Business Association, etc.
- Volunteerism or similar activities
- Ability to travel up to 10 percent of the time
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Reasonable Accomodation Notice
If you require accomodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440-534-6080 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss reasonable options.