The Operational Excellence Leadership Development Program accelerates professional development by placing recent MBA graduates on multiple Avient teams during a two-year, project-based leadership development program. These teams develop and support a wide range of applications and information systems that drive improvement of the critical processes of Avient businesses. Improvement activities may include focus in the following areas: distribution, supply planning, manufacturing, strategic sourcing, customer management, demand management, master scheduling & planning, inventory management, research & development, and network optimization. Individuals get hands-on experience through various assignments (Corporate, regional, and possibly international) to gain key operational excellence, leadership and change management competencies augmenting their historical work and academic experience. During each phase of their assignment, individuals will establish relationships with peers and leaders, learn fundamentals and receive coaching and performance feedback from Avient leadership. Upon completion of the program, individuals will be placed in a full-time role within Avient that best suits their personal and professional goals and matches company needs.
· Lead and participate in cross-functional project teams within operations and supply chain.
· Assist in the creation of world-class internal processes in rotational areas such as strategic supplier management, contract management, operations, and operations planning.
· Participate in Avient Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Kaizen Leader training and complete at least two DMAIC projects over the rotational period to earn Black Belt certification.
· Interface with Operational Excellence department and all areas of the business units to ensure improvements are implemented and sustained.
· Identify and develop key operational excellence metrics and measures to facilitate performance improvements.
· Interact with senior management, gain exposure to Avient’s most critical initiatives, build relationships with other high-potential employees across the globe, and make a difference in Avient’s future success.
· Gain an understanding of the various Avient businesses from a financial, operational, and strategic standpoint.
· Application of change management and leadership capabilities with Avient customers through the “Customer First” program.
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· MBA, Operations or Supply Chain Management focus and three years of work experience preferred.
· Project management experience, team facilitation, data analysis, change management, best practice translation, and process improvement experience is ideal.
· Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to acquire, assimilate, and analyze data from multiple systems and data sources using a variety of business intelligence and reporting tools.
· Strong communication and presentation skills adaptable for engaging with multiple levels across the organization.
· Ability to operate and take initiative in an environment of ambiguity; holds themselves and team members accountable for a high level of performance.
· Required to travel by car or plane up to 25% of the time.
· Each position at Avient focuses on eight Core Competencies as a Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.