Avient is seeking a summer MBA intern to join the Operational Excellence team, which provides global solutions and services to enable Avient and its customers to reach world-class performance. The Operational Excellence Internship provides a current MBA student the opportunity to engage in projects within operations management, sourcing, logistics, or manufacturing as well as exposure to Avient Lean Six Sigma training. Improvement activities may include the following areas: distribution, supply planning, strategic sourcing, customer management, demand management, master scheduling & planning, inventory management, research & development, and network optimization. During the internship, students will establish relationships with peers and leaders, learn fundamentals and receive coaching performance feedback from the Avient leadership. An internship in the Operational Excellence group, successfully completed, could lead to an opportunity to join the Operational Excellence Leadership Development Program with Avient after graduation. Individuals in this program lead and assist in high-profile improvement initiatives across the global organization in part through application of Avient’s LSS Black Belt program.
· Lead and / or participate in cross-functional project teams – typically within operations and supply chain.
· Make recommendations to management based on business case and analysis.
· Assist in the creation of world-class internal processes in areas such as strategic supplier management, contract management, operations, and operations planning.
· Interface with Operational Excellence department and a wide variety of functional areas within the business units to insure improvements are implemented and sustained.
· Identify and develop key operational excellence metrics and measures to facilitate performance improvements.
· Interact with senior management, build internal network and relationships with other employees both in Operational Excellence and across the globe, and make a difference in Avient’s future success.
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· Currently pursuing an MBA. Operations or Supply Chain Management focus and three years of work experience preferred.
· Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to acquire, assimilate, and analyze data from multiple systems and data sources using a variety of business intelligence and reporting tools.
· Strong communication and presentation skills adaptable for engaging with multiple levels across the organization.
· Ability to operate and take initiative in an environment of ambiguity; holds themselves and team members accountable for a high level of performance.
· Some project management and data analysis experience is important. Experience with facilitation, change management, best practice translation, and process improvement is ideal.
· Each position at Avient focuses on eight Core Competencies as a Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.