Here at Avis Budget Group we’re more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. Shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions, our globally-recognized brands including Avis, Budget, and Zipcar connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options, and more time on the road for our customers.
Compliance Coordinator – (on-site Parsippany, NJ )
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assists with overseeing the storage and disposition of all records (both electronic and paper).
Assists the Compliance and Information Management teams with moves or closures through managing migrations and transfer of records.
Maintains records management processes and procedures for assigned business units to include liaising with Record Coordinator network.
Maintains record retention schedules and record series for assigned business units and assists with periodic review of the schedule to ensure processes and policies adhere to local laws and regulations.
Works with internal stakeholders in relevant areas (i.e. legal/compliance, IT., privacy, security, business units and strategic customers) with respect to efficient retention, storage, retrieval and disposition of ABCR’s information.
Manages the Iron Mountain relationship, including overseeing all shred/storage accounts, re-allocation of invoices, destruction orders and defensible disposition, and acts as the liaison between ABG and Iron Mountain.
Works with internal stakeholders to identify process improvements to streamline management of Iron Mountain chart of accounts and invoicing methods.
Assists with other compliance and legal related tasks or inquiries as needed.
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates Degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience in a role with similar oversight and responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills:
- Ability to motivate and collaborate with others toward desired ‘future state’
- Prompt and precise correspondence skills, both verbal and written
Perks you’ll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. *Use of company vehicle subject to company policy. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.