Liability Intern- Claims/Legal
We are looking for an energetic, team player, Intern to assist our Claims/Legal team.
Here at Avis Budget Group we are more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. Shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions, our globally recognized brands including Avis, Budget, and Zipcar connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options, and more time on the road for our customers.
Unfortunately, there are many claims made against our renters and our member companies that need to be professionally addressed. Claims against the company include, but are not limited to, property damage, bodily injury, and product liability. This Intern Opportunity will provide a challenging yet rewarding introduction into our Claims/Legal world.
We also connect our interns to more: opportunities, support, collaboration, exposure, and most importantly—power to contribute to your functional track and do work that actually has an impact on our Fortune 500 Company. Join us in our global world headquarters to learn the ins and outs of our department, and work on major projects that will truly transform our future. Meet with our senior leadership team and key executive stakeholders and team-build with your peers to build your professional network. Take on special project work to help us innovate while increasing your own career potential and continuing your professional development. Sound like your speed? Come join our family.
What you will do:
- Assist with legal pleadings and corporate discovery demands related to tort claims
- Audit auto and general liability claims to determine opportunities for improvement
- Assist with providing analytics and reporting to the risk management and liability teams
- Gain hands-on experience as to how a corporate risk management and liability governance program is run
What we are looking for:
- Junior/Senior undergraduate student majoring in finance or risk management or Law School Student
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Ability to work 35 hours a week
- Active enrollment at college/university
Skills you should bring to the table:
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
- Contribute positively to the organization, both individually and as part of a team
- It is preferred that the candidate have a working knowledge of excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Perks you will get:
- Access to office facilities: café, nurse, health and wellness amenities including fitness center and on-site massages
- Opportunity to extend internship or transition to a full time opportunity, depending on availability and performance
The fine print:
Avis Budget is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.