Sales Partnership Intern
Here at Avis Budget Group we’re more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. Shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions, our globally-recognized brands including Avis, Budget, and Zipcar connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options, and more time on the road for our customers.
But we also connect our interns to more: opportunities, support, collaboration, exposure, and most importantly—power to contribute to your functional track and do work that actually has an impact on our Fortune 500 company. Join us in our global world headquarters to learn the ins and outs of your department, and work on major projects that will truly transform our future. Meet with our senior leadership team and key executive stakeholders and team-build with your peers to build your professional network. Take on special project work to help us innovate while increasing your own career potential and continuing your professional development. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
What you’ll do:
- Scope out new partnership opportunities in the following verticals: associations, hospitality, retail, groups and meetings and nontraditional travel
- Assist Business Development leader in prospecting and pitching new partnership accounts
- Monitors and evaluates competitive trends in geographical markets (Inbound, Domestic and Outbound)
- Perform market research and put together a competitive assessment of the partnership space; including digital strategy, pricing strategy and standard benefits that are in the marketplace
- Coordinates efforts among the two directors in order to implement a consistent brand strategy across multiple distribution channels
- Utilizes Salesforce to measure weekly or monthly sales activity, tracking success/leads/failures and communicates significant account activity on bi-weekly direct report call
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to work 35 hours a week
- Active enrollment at college/university
- A Senior or Graduate level student with a focus in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Economics or other similar fields of study
Skills you should bring to the table:
- A collaborative team player who is comfortable asking questions and providing unique solutions
- Someone who is outgoing and takes initiative
- Has the ability to work independently and can see a task completed to delivery
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
- Contribute positively to the organization, both individually and as part of a team
- Advanced MS Excel and intermediate Word and PowerPoint skills
Perks you’ll get:
- Opportunity to extend internship or transition to a full time opportunity, depending on availability and performance
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.