To participate in a program designed to provide students with hands-on work experience that is relevant to their degree pursuit and compliments their education. This intern will work directly for Avnet’s leader responsible for diversity and inclusion strategy across the company, and in so doing, learn about other areas of our business.
As a Company Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities.
Internship responsibilities will include supporting company D&I global strategy by:
• Researching D&I trends and best practices, and making recommendations accordingly
• Collaborating with Avnet D&I team and Communications department on articles and publications
• Building out D&I sections of Company’s intranet and websites
• Supporting launch of the Employee Resource Group strategy, surveys and the global D&I council
• Enhance and organize existing D&I resource and content (photos, articles, references and videos)
• Helping to develop and implement D&I resources, including tools and training materials
• Assist in data analysis, metrics, annual reports and other related information
• Support creation of D&I presentations, meetings and events
• Create, design, and monitor communications (article comments, email replies, D&I websites, and emails)
• Supporting other D&I projects and initiatives as needed
• All other duties as assigned.
• PC skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and video meetings. Social media savvy a plus.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, communication (oral and written) and organizational skills
• Demonstrated leadership experience through work and school related activities.
• Able to operate in a complex, multi-faceted environment
• Comfortable and skilled in working independently.
• Ability to travel locally (if COVID-19 permits) to Company Intern development events and activities
Professional work record helpful but not required. Knowledge/experience related to Diversity and Inclusion a plus.
Education and Certification(s):
Enrolled in undergraduate degree program. Open to students of all majors, with a preference for studies in Human Resources, Communication, Public Policy, Behavioral Science, and Marketing
This is a paid internship. Work schedule is approximately 8am-5pm M-F.
Selected candidate must be available for full-time seasonal work May 24-August 13, 2021.
Selected candidate must provide their own housing, internet access and transportation.
Relocation is not offered for this role. Sponsorship is not offered for this role.