This role is specific to Avnet’s engineering community, Hackster.io. The selected Intern will work directly under business leadership to assist in execution of ongoing customer campaigns, moderation of customer content and engagement on the community website, explore and organize interesting engineering projects for social media content and assist in writing and copyediting external marketing communications content.
- Analytical reporting on ongoing customer campaigns
- Assist project manager in collecting measurable data points of ongoing campaigns to monitor effectiveness and productivity of efforts; work load dependent on number of active campaigns
- Website moderation of customer platforms
- Maintenance of top 20 customer platforms on website to support partnership and quality of content
- Adding new products to platforms ensures our parts database is updated and relevant with the market
- Support coordination of community engagement projects
- Assist in achieving company’s “engagement and community growth” target metrics
- Assist in social media content management
- Copy-editing news article submissions to maintain quality control of posted content; work load dependent on author’s monthly quantity research of trending and/or popular project and product topics maintains Hackster’s leading position in the industry and acts as a tool to drive traffic and engagement back to site
- Assist in creation of generic company marketing materials
- Creation of PPT/sales kit templates, copywriting business services’ description for website
Education and Certification(s):
- Completion of an Undergraduate degree program.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
Additional Job Description
- Requires Microsoft Office and Google Docs skills.
- Preference to students with familiarity of industry-specific trends and topics, knowledge of opensource or maker community concepts
- This is a paid internship.
- Work schedule is approximately 8am-5pm M-F.
- Selected candidate must be available for full-time seasonal work May 24-August 13, 2021.
- Selected candidate must provide their own housing, internet access and transportation.
- Relocation is not offered for this role.
- Sponsorship is not offered for this role.