Job Purpose/Project Description:
- Assists audit staff in conducting reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities by evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls.
- Assisting in SOX testing and year end reporting activities
- Developing knowledge of and ability to apply appropriate auditing techniques, Information systems and accounting principles.
- Prepares audit work papers, documenting and working with audit team
- Assists in the coordination of audit work for the external auditors.
- Completes other projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Undergraduate student working towards a degree with emphasis in Accounting, Information Systems Audit and Control, Business or related studies
- Baseline understanding/knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards, principles, concepts and techniques
- Investigative skills with the ability to manage, respond efficiently and effectively to time critical issues with competing / conflicting priorities
- Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills; ability to prioritize among demanding and sometimes conflicting requirements
- Self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal and external customers
- Self-directed and action oriented with attention to details. Need to be able to focus during certain periods with limited direct oversight.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Typically requires less than one year of related experience.
Education and Certification(s):
Completion of your sophomore or junior year in an Undergraduate degreed program.
Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher. GPA MUST be reflected on your resume for consideration