To participate in a program designed to provide business students with work experience that is relevant to their business degree pursuit and compliments their education. Valuable hands-on training in our Global Supply Chain operating group. Avnet Interns may have the opportunity to learn and gain insight into Supply Chain Management and Global Operations Management as well as other areas of our business.
- Receives valuable hands-on training in an operating group that fits the degree program
- Learn and master internal operations, including but not limited to accounting, event planning, finance, human resources, payroll, marketing, relationship building, customer service, sales, daily operations, etc.
- Identify areas for process improvement
- Make recommendations to leadership for streamlining systems and processes
- Research and implement solutions for enhanced efficiency
- Provide general administration assistance and support
- Project management responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Acquires basic skills through work experience or formal training to perform routine tasks.
- Tasks are routine, repetitive and manual in nature with minimal complexity or variation and specific to the job.
- Work is performed under supervision with detailed instructions. Priorities are provided for performing work.
- Interacts mostly with immediate peers within assigned team. Based on nature of the role, may respond to requests from others in the organization.
- Impact of decisions is primarily contained to the work of the job.
- Typically requires less than one year of related experience.
- Knowledge/experience related to a data analytics or supply chain project a preferred
Education and Certification(s):
- Enrolled in undergraduate degree program. Open to students with majors in data analytics, supply chain, finance or business administration.
- This is a paid internship.
- Work schedule is approximately 8am-5pm M-F.
- Selected candidate must be available for full-time seasonal work May 24-August 13, 2021.
- Selected candidate must provide their own housing, internet access and transportation.
- Relocation is not offered for this role.
- Sponsorship is not offered for this role.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree