To participate in a program designed to provide supply chain and inventory management students with work experience that is relevant to their supply chain business degree pursuit and compliments their education. The internship will provide valuable hands-on training by assisting with two projects and working with experienced planning team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· The first project you will assist with is updating and creating standard operation procedures within the supply chain demand and supply planning team. You will learn about and understand our processes by reviewing current documentation and getting input from the team. Then you will update or create standard operating procedures and get final sign off from the management team.
· The second project you will assist with is to enhance S&OP reporting and create new reports to improve supply chain visibility. Data points such as sales, inventory, inventory turns, inventory on order, months-of-supply, forecast accuracy, etc. will be utilized.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Advanced PC skills with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
· Proficient skills with Power BI or equivalent.
· Supply chain knowledge, particularly with planning and inventory management.
· Ability to understand and document complex processes in a clear and concise process flow.
· SAP and/or JDA experience a plus.
Previous supply chain planning and inventory management experience preferred.
Experience in manufacturing is a plus.
Education and Certification(s):
Undergraduate degree program in progress.
This is a paid internship.
Work schedule is approximately 8am-5pm M-F.
Selected candidate must be available for full-time seasonal work May 24-August 13, 2021.
Selected candidate must provide their own housing, internet access and transportation.
Relocation is not offered for this role.
Sponsorship is not offered for this role.
Avnet guides today’s ideas into tomorrow’s technology. We design and make for start-ups – the technology dreamers poised to be the next big thing. And we supply and deliver for the contract manufacturers and OEMs who need to stock shelves around the globe. Our culture was founded on new ideas and emerging technology. Celebrating 100 years in business in 2021, we are 15,000 people strong in 125 countries across North America, Europe and Asia. Our engineers are on the front lines of innovation, supported by sales, supply-chain, design-chain and service teams with deep expertise – making Avnet the go-to guide for innovators who set the pace for technological change. Wherever you are in the technology product lifecycle, collaborating with Avnet can help you reach further.
Explore the possibilities at www.avnet.com/careers.