To participate in a program designed to provide students with an interest in cybersecurity governance with work experience that is relevant to their Information Technology/Computer Science degree pursuit and compliments their education. Valuable hands-on training in our global Security Governance, Risk & Compliance team
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate with the design, implementation, maintenance, and enforcement of cybersecurity policies, procedures, and controls
- Help with the execution and reporting of results of cybersecurity assessments to understand risks, identify opportunities for improvement, and propose remediation plans in line with goals and business strategies
- Assist with identifying and implementing process improvements to the IT Risk Management program
- Participate in developing materials in support of Avnet’s cybersecurity awareness program and administration of internal phishing simulations
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. A recent writing sample may be requested
- Familiarity with cybersecurity framework and control concepts strongly preferred, which may include ISO 27001/27002, NIST CSF, NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53
- PC skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated leadership experience through work and school related activities
- Previous work experience preferred.
Education and Certification(s):
- Working toward degree in an Information Technology/Computer Science related degree program
- This is a paid internship.
- Work schedule is approximately 8am-5pm M-F.
- Selected candidate must be available for full-time seasonal work May 24-August 13, 2021.
- Selected candidate must provide their own housing, internet access and transportation.
- Relocation is not offered for this role.
- Sponsorship is not offered for this role.
Avnet guides today’s ideas into tomorrow’s technology. We design and make for start-ups – the technology dreamers poised to be the next big thing. And we supply and deliver for the contract manufacturers and OEMs who need to stock shelves around the globe. Our culture was founded on new ideas and emerging technology. Celebrating 100 years in business in 2021, we are 15,000 people strong in 125 countries across North America, Europe and Asia. Our engineers are on the front lines of innovation, supported by sales, supply-chain, design-chain and service teams with deep expertise – making Avnet the go-to guide for innovators who set the pace for technological change. Wherever you are in the technology product lifecycle, collaborating with Avnet can help you reach further.
Explore the possibilities at www.avnet.com/careers.