Participates in a short-term program designed to provide practical work experience relevant to an academic major in Business/Marketing/Arts and compliments formal education.
- Receives valuable hands-on training in an operating group that fits the degree program
- Learn and master internal operations, including but not limited to accounting, event planning, finance, human resources, payroll, marketing, relationship building, customer service, sales, daily operations, etc.
- Identify areas for process improvement
- Make recommendations to leadership for streamlining systems and processes
- Research and implement solutions for enhanced efficiency
- Provide general administration assistance and support
- Project management responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Assist the preparation and execution of Supplier Marketing program
- Acquires basic skills through work experience or formal training to perform routine tasks.
- Tasks are routine, repetitive and manual in nature with minimal complexity or variation and specific to the job.
- Work is performed under supervision with detailed instructions. Priorities are provided for performing work.
- Interacts mostly with immediate peers within assigned team. Based on nature of the role, may respond to requests from others in the organization.
- Impact of decisions is primarily contained to the work of the job.
- Typically requires less than one year of related experience.
Education and Certification(s):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Pursuing a degree in Business, Marketing or the Arts
- This is a paid internship.
- Work schedule is approximately 8am-5pm M-F.
- Selected candidate must be available for full-time seasonal work May 24-August 13, 2021.
- Selected candidate must provide their own housing, internet access and transportation.
- Relocation is not offered for this role.
- Sponsorship is not offered for this role.
Avnet guides today’s ideas into tomorrow’s technology. We design and make for start-ups – the technology dreamers poised to be the next big thing. And we supply and deliver for the contract manufacturers and OEMs who need to stock shelves around the globe. Our culture was founded on new ideas and emerging technology. Celebrating 100 years in business in 2021, we are 15,000 people strong in 125 countries across North America, Europe and Asia. Our engineers are on the front lines of innovation, supported by sales, supply-chain, design-chain and service teams with deep expertise – making Avnet the go-to guide for innovators who set the pace for technological change. Wherever you are in the technology product lifecycle, collaborating with Avnet can help you reach further.
Explore the possibilities at www.avnet.com/careers.