BD Summer Intern Program 2022 – Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) Summer Analyst
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world, and we are advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers. BD and its 65,000 employees have a passion and commitment to help improve patient outcomes, improve the safety and efficiency of clinicians’ care delivery process, enable laboratory scientists to better diagnose disease and advance researchers’ capabilities to develop the next generation of diagnostics and therapeutics. BD has a presence in virtually every country and partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. By working in close collaboration with customers, BD can help enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. For more information on BD, please visit bd.com!
BD’s Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) Summer Analyst position is designed to attract highly motivated undergraduate students who want to acquire practical work experience relevant to a career in Finance. As a Summer Analyst, you can expect to add real value to key projects through challenging and exciting work. You will work directly with a manager in your day-to-day role, and be assigned mentors to aid and assist you in your transition into the corporate environment. As part of the broader BD Intern Program, FLDP Summer Analysts participate in various networking, career development, and team-building activities!
Summer projects are based upon the need of the business and may incorporate such areas of corporate finance as:
- Business planning and analysis
- Cost accounting
- Financial systems
- Internal audit
- Investor relations
- Revenue recognition
FLDP Summer Analyst Value Proposition
The FLDP Summer Analyst experience is enriched with:
- Business Impact – Summer Analysts work on challenging and meaningful assignments across the Finance Organization and BD Businesses, making a direct impact on the bottom line.
- Diversity – Collaborate with different teams in various locations, providing an opportunity to develop new skills and explore multiple career paths.
- Coaching and Development – Peer Mentors and Managers provide Summer Analysts with career mentorship and advice throughout the program.
- Leadership Team Visibility – The program is directly sponsored by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Summer Analysts will also have the opportunity to work with the Finance Leadership Team regularly.
- A BD Future – The goal of the FLDP Summer Analyst position is to enhance BD’s organizational vitality by developing a pipeline of candidates for the full-time program. The vision of the full-time FLDP is to accelerate the development of early career associates and help them become leaders in the field of Finance.
Summer Analysts who demonstrate strong performance and exhibit promising potential at BD will be strongly considered for BD’s full-time Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP).
- Completion of Junior year with work towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Willingness to relocate to pursue rotational opportunities, once in fulltime program
- Prior proven intern or co-op experience in Finance desired, but not required
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and strong leadership potential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to new professional collaborative environments, deal with ambiguity, take initiative, and achieve results
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction as to duration
Join us for information sessions to learn more about FLDP and our opportunities!
Info Session #1 – Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 6:00-7:00 PM EST – Sign Up Here: https://bd.yello.co/external/events/YGN3ygRN7twuFT77rAmUPg
Info Session #2 – Thursday, September 23, 2021, 6:00-7:00 PM EST – Sign Up Here: https://bd.yello.co/external/events/9lUhoy66Z4x5xvybOLo6ew
In addition to applying to your school’s posting, please also submit your application to BD’s posting here: https://jobs.bd.com/Please apply to search for R-410833
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.