Job Description Summary
BD Supply Chain Summer Internship
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world, and we are advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers. BD and its 65,000 employees have a passion and commitment to help improve patient outcomes, improve the safety and efficiency of clinicians’ care delivery process, enable laboratory scientists to better diagnose disease and advance researchers’ capabilities to develop the next generation of diagnostics and therapeutics. BD has a presence in virtually every country and partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. By working in close collaboration with customers, BD can help enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. For more information on BD, please visit bd.com!
The BD Supply Chain internship program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to directly apply their education to a practical Supply Chain experience! The Supply Chain Intern works on meaningful projects that are aligned with BD’s strategies focused on efficiency and savings.
As a Supply Chain intern, you will:
- Work with Integrated Supply Chain in the areas of either Customer Service, Supply Chain Optimization & CI, Distribution Operations or Transportation (Global/Domestic) to discover opportunities to improve overall supply chain operational efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Assist in the development and implementation of specific projects to achieve the identified improvement opportunities.
- Provide supply chain performance visibility to Supply Chain Leadership to enable continuous improvement through metric reviews, analytics, root cause investigation, and corrective action identification.
- Collect, check for accuracy, and analyze quantitative and qualitative Supply Chain performance data; prepare internal scorecards and reports; analyze performance trends; perform diagnostics to identify potential causes of performance deterioration or improvement; identify potential corrective actions and improvement opportunities
- Prepare and present findings to Supply Chain Leadership; gain alignment on corrective action and /or continuous improvement activities.
- Undergraduate student pursuing a BS degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Operations Management and completion of the Junior Year of an Undergraduate program by the time the internship begins in May.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- General knowledge of supply chain management theory
- Prior internship/co-op experience
- Basic SAP knowledge
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction as to duration
Join Us for Information Sessions!
The BD Supply Chain is hosting two information sessions for candidates to learn more about our supply chain opportunities. Info session dates and sign-up links are below:
Info Session #1 – Monday, September 13, 2021, 5:00-6:00 PM EST – Sign Up Here: https://bd.yello.co/external/events/TUe51hPhk81WCJw29utTYQ
Info Session #2 – Tuesday, September 28, 2021, 5:00-6:00 PM EST – Sign Up Here: https://bd.yello.co/external/events/Z1BgPuhfDz0i9rkYS35_kQ
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or email firstname.lastname@example.org