Becton Dickinson Peripheral Interventional (BDPI) is a leading multinational developer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative, life-enhancing medical technologies in the fields of vascular, urology, oncology and surgical specialty products, employing over 65,000 people across 50 countries around the world. Founded more than 100 years ago, BDPI pioneered many devices that are cornerstones of modern healthcare. BDPI is the vascular division within BDI and focusses on interventional products for peripheral arterial disease (PAD), end stage kidney disease (ESKD), and Oncology.
We expect the highest levels of quality, integrity, service, and innovation from our employees – on the job and in the communities in which we work and live. In return, we foster an environment where individuals are treated with fairness, respect, and feel valued, acknowledged, and rewarded.
Be Your Best at BDPI – and ultimately, you can have an impact on the lives of people around the world.
Essential / Key Job Responsibilities (including supervisory and/or fiscal):
The International Business Marketing Internship position is responsible for assisting in both the strategic and tactical implementation of the Oncology International Business program(s) for a divisional product line(s). Specific assignments will be determined at the time of placement; however, the projects the individual may be assigned may include market assessments, market and customer research, competitive analysis, ongoing field support with sales literature and effective ways to demonstrate product superiority. To succeed in this position, the applicant must possess the following skill sets:
- Global strategic thinking ability and mental agility
- Flexibility and the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to build relationships internationally with internal and external customers
- Ability to work and excel in a team environment
- Strong communication skills to develop and implement marketing plans on a global scale
- An undergraduate student currently enrolled at an accredited university. Credited university.
Previous marketing work experience is preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experienced with MS Office products (ie – Excel, Powerpoint, Teams)
- Strong analytical skills required
- Global mindset
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Desire to join a team committed to helping people lead longer, healthier and more productive lives
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use sight, and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, controls, and office equipment. The employee frequently is required to verbally communicate with other associates. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be in an open cubicle environment. Candidate must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment. BD is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.