Job Description Summary
BD Peripheral Intervention (BDPI), a division of BD, is responsible for sales revenue in excess of $1+ billion dollars globally. The position is located in Tempe, Arizona and reports directly to the PMO Sr. Program Manager. The role is accountable for Portfolio Management and Data Analytics for R&D as it relates to BDPI’s key driver goals.
The Project Analyst (PA) will be involved in portfolio management through compilation of project metrics such as progress against schedules, characterization of project slip, tracking project financial data, and the creation/presentation of management reports on project status and outcomes. The PA is responsible for working hand in hand with the product development teams coordinating information, providing support through data analysis, and contributing to overall strategy and performance evaluation. This position requires excellent verbal and written communications, and the individual must be comfortable using project management terminology to communicate project status, risks, issues, and dependencies. This highly organized individual must be able to work with internal customers at both the project and portfolio levels as required to help the business maintain and improve our ability to plan and execute critical R&D projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Serves as a key PMO contact for Portfolio Management and Data Analytics for both the Innovation and R&D portfolios
- Works with cross functional team members, external stakeholders, and business R&D leaders to track portfolio metrics, identify high risk areas, and propose process improvements where needed.
- Provides clear and timely communications, including written reports, oral presentations, and status updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Works hand in hand with project managers to plan, organize and execute projects by providing critical data support as needed, which may require individual project work.
- Collaborates with project managers to create monthly portfolio presentation packets for both the Innovation and R&D portfolios
- Documents monthly Innovation Council Meetings and tracks action item resolution
- Interfaces with cross functional team members to audit current business tools for accuracy and currency, facilitating updates where needed.
- Interfaces with both inside and outside collaborators to assist with the conception, creation, and development of new business tools.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering with minimum of 3-5 years working for global corporation, preferably in regulated manufacturing environment.
- Required: 3-5 years overall project experience, carrying out tasks and activities
- Desired: Experience following a structured project management methodology on a project
- Desired: Experience working with a PMO; Current PMP certification
- Required: Experience working with and presenting to project teams and management
- Required: 3-5 years working with cross-functional teams
- Desired: Experience with multi-site teams
Planning / Office Tools:
- Required: Basic organizational, project planning, scheduling and risk management skills
- Required: Proficient in the use of all MS Office tools (Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- Desired: Experience in developing project repository structures and creation of core project deliverables