Internship starts immediately, working 45 hours a week during the summertime frame. Purpose: This is a unique opportunity for a college student to get a foundational Ecommerce and Replenishment Supply Chain experience. You will be immersed in a fully functioning, fast-paced Warehouse team. Within the role, you will develop experience in Inbound process knowledge, Outbound process knowledge, and Inventory Control within Bed Bath. In this role, you will have the opportunity to participate in cross-functional Supply Chain, Operational, and Corporate initiatives. A successful candidate will develop the professional and technical foundation needed to propel them into a successful post graduate career.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Support the three Logistics functional areas
• Perform RCA in areas where goal is not met, indicate within the KPI
• Support analytics and report development for the managers (metrics, scorecards, cost analysis, etc.)
• Document and improve business practices and processes
• Complete performance management activities (includes service level, capacity planning, etc.)
• Contribute to Warehouse team meetings and continuous improvement initiatives
• Prepare, analyze, and report forecasts for various departments
• Job shadow each of the other key Supply Chain functional groups and complete role reviews with each member of the Bed Bath Leadership Team
• Support Master Data updates and reviews (Customs Compliance, TMS rates, WM’s LM’s, etc.)
• Develop process documentation as needed to support departmental business continuity plan
• The successful candidate will have the ability to effectively lead multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• In addition, the candidate must demonstrate skills in problem solving, continuous improvement, and interpersonal interactions.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
• Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
• Undergraduate student with junior or Senior level standing
• Preferred: pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Supply Management
• Minimum 3.0 out of 4.0 cumulative GPA
• Legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship for an employment visa in the future
• Participants must be able to participate full time (45 hours/week) as part of our intern
• Must be able to meet and sustain reasonable performance expectations for role.