WHO WE ARE
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and “large company” benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, “small company” atmosphere.
Are you searching for a unique opportunity that offers exceptional training and career growth with a dynamic and growing organization? Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies is searching for bright individuals looking to begin a challenging, yet rewarding career path as a Workers’ Compensation Claims Professional. We have openings in our Omaha, NE office. The Claims Professional Trainee will be responsible for the following duties:
- Complete classroom training introducing workers’ compensation claims handling strategies, medical terminology, and legal concepts
- Learn to use claims management software and other databases for claims handling and reporting
- Learn to read and interpret complex documents including statutes, regulations, legal opinions, legal letters, medical records, medical bills, medical resource materials, investigation reports, claim notes, and claim data fields
- Manage medical treatment to provide highest level of care while controlling costs
- Learn skills such as investigative and persuasive communication, negotiation, decision-making, and strategic planning
- Evaluate facts, write clear and concise reports, and develop and update a proactive plan of action
- Calculate appropriate monetary reserves for each claim and adjust as needed
- Manage legal process on litigated claims
- Analyze and determine eligibility of benefit payments and authorize payments
- Communicate effectively with internal and external sources through telephone and electronic correspondence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organization skills to ensure tasks are completed within hard deadlines
- Basic mathematical skills to calculate monetary reserves
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university is required
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Health and wellness – low premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage, FSA and EAP benefits
- Company paid Life, Disability and ADD benefits
- Employee Retirement Savings Plan with employer match up to 5 percent of compensation
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Recognition and Rewards Programs
- Company Store
- Discounts across Berkshire Hathaway Inc. companies such as GEICO, See’s Candies, etc.
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, Pasadena, Omaha, Philadelphia, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating for the last 10 consecutive years. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds security and makes us one of the best brands in the marketplace.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which ‘team players’ thrive.
Within the last six years BHHC Workers Compensation has seen significant growth, and we’re continuing to grow as we build one of the largest Workers Compensation companies in the country – join us!
This organization participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS: 888.897.7781 www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories as required by local ordinance. Additionally, no applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of conviction of a criminal offense except to the extent necessary to obtain a necessary license or to comply with The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of l994, which prohibits the employment by an insurance company of persons convicted of certain crimes, unless a waiver is obtained.