Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
The IT Business Analyst for Finance is responsible for supporting various functions including, but not limited to, general accounting, manufacturing accounting, fixed assets, accounts receivable, accounts payable, external compliance and internal audit in both the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and ancillary systems/software. This position can be located in Evansville, IN or remotely.
- Configures, implements, maintains and upgrades Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application modules within functional area of responsibility.
- Analyzes user requirements to determine ERP and related systems configuration and customization within functional area of responsibility.
- Provides ongoing system support for supported applications and ERP modules.
- Leads implementations of JDE ERP to support integration of acquired businesses by providing overall project management as site project lead, conducting on-site systems and business process discovery, and providing functional area expertise and support to overall ERP conversion project.
- Evaluates new IT developments and evolving business requirements, and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
- Designs, tests, and deploys system enhancements to support business process improvement.
- Conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements.
- Coordinates with users to plan user acceptance testing.
- Prepares communications and makes presentations on system enhancements and/or alternatives.
- Acts as a liaison between the IT development group and business units for the development and implementation of new systems including enhancement of existing systems within functional area of responsibility.
- Develops and maintains documentation of IT systems and applications within functional area of responsibility and coordinates incorporation of documentation within applications (e.g., online help).
- BS degree in Accounting, Business, or Computer Science or 3 years equivalent experience
- Highly motivated to build a thorough knowledge of software functionality
- Ability to work individually as well as across functional teams
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with all levels of the business
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement
- Driven to continuously improve technology and business skillset
- Previous experience with SQL
- Committed to successful training and understanding of SOx IT requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft O365 PC applications
- JDE World experience
- Strong knowledge of ERP system data files or broad data analysis experience
- Excellent business analysis and project management experience