Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $619 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Blackstone Data Science
Blackstone Data Science Overview:
Blackstone Data Science (“BXDS”) is the firm-wide team that uses advanced analytics and statistical methods to make us better investors and business operators. Integrated into our investing groups, we focus on data-driven questions that matter to business and can be solved through the application of data analysis, statistics, computer programming, and machine learning. We develop insights through alternative datasets and analytical methods to help fill in gaps in our understanding of specific assets and markets, as well as help source new investment and partnership opportunities.
BXDS is part of the firm’s Portfolio Operations Group. We work hand-in-hand with Blackstone’s deal teams and portfolio company management teams to drive operating efficiencies and identify new sources of value. BXDS is a team of data scientists, engineers, and strategists that analyzes complex datasets, develops predictive and analytical models, builds production-quality data flows, and advises on smarter data utilization. We sit at the intersection of quantitative and investment analysis, and focus only on projects that “move the needle.” You will have the opportunity to work directly with senior management at Blackstone as well as with top executives from our portfolio companies. If you enjoy fast-paced, stimulating quantitative work with tangible business impact, BXDS may be a good fit for you.
Blackstone is looking to hire a passionate data scientist to be an integral member of BXDS. This individual will play a key role in accelerating a data-driven evolution within Blackstone by using advanced analytics to evaluate live private equity and real estate deals, work with our portfolio company management teams to drive business value, and work with alternative datasets to curate novel insights.
This individual needs to be dedicated to the application of data science to drive business impact, and intellectually curious about solving real-world questions from data. A data scientist will be responsible for exploring and working with a portfolio of datasets and have the opportunity to generate novel insight from the data and communicate them to business stake holders.
You will be working with diverse sets of structured and unstructured datasets. Successful candidates are creative, strategic, self-motivated, and highly detail oriented for all steps of the data analysis process, including cleansing dirty and unstructured data, data tagging, feature engineering, and mapping. They also must be effective communicators of technical outcomes to non-technical stake holders, creating business-friendly outputs and visualizations.
The skills and experience you’ll need to make an impact:
· Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university required
· Experience in a data-driven professional setting preferred
· Proficiency in multiple programming and querying languages, including Python and SQL
· Familiarity with big data analytical techniques and cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Foundation in statistics and mathematics
· Comfortable working with, and combining, disparate and diverse data sources
· A strong intuition for analytical methodologies and desire to solve novel technical challenges
· Excellence in balancing multiple projects and efficiently meet goals in a fast-paced environment
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Ability to work independently as well as on a team
· No previous experience in the financial services industry is required
To be considered for the 2022 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the followingcriteria:
· Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
· Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2022 – Spring 2023
· Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
· Resume must be in PDF format
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.