Support various projects specific to: provider negotiations, network development, value-based care, population health management, utilization management programs, reimbursement policy, and other medical cost containment and value solutions.
Duration: Aug 2021 – Dec 2021
* Hours per week: 20-40 hours per week, flexible with school schedule
* Work to be performed: Analyzing provider rating trends, helping set fee schedules, monitor high cost and help build actuarial models.
* Degree or education: Actuarial focus
* Experience/ skills focus at least 2 year of college / skills in excel, problem solving, SAS or SQL programming
* Hourly pay
Required Work Experience
- College-level coursework related to actuarial science, mathematics, economics, statistics, analytics, data science, healthcare administration, biostatistics, healthcare innovation, or related field
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
- At least 2 years attendance at an accredited school pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field to these listed above.
ESSENTIAL job functions AND RESPONSIBILITIES
INTERN – Performs job Functions under general supervision or peer review
- Assist with analyses in support of providing analytical solutions to current and new projects.
- Contribute to ad-hoc projects.
- Assist in creating and modifying reports.
- Participate in transforming data into meaningful and actionable information.
- Validate accuracy of files and analysis. Be aware of standards and be able to explain if results deviate from those standards, and why.
- Find solutions to basic problems, and finding more efficient ways in delivering quality products and analyses.
Required Job Skills
- Basic skill in use of office equipment, including computers, phones, printers, etc.
- Basic proficiency in PC, databases, presentations, and word processing softwareBasic proficiency in spreadsheet software
Preferred Job Skills
- Able to program in SAS coding language or SQL and/or use SAS tools to pull and manipulate data.
Required Professional Competencies
- Ability to understand problems and approach solutions using basic mathematical modeling.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to research questions and understand if derived answers are reasonable.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.