The Business Analyst will facilitate assigned projects by serving as a liaison between users and developers, setting and communicating goals, and evaluating and refining results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Necessary accommodations will be provided in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state or local law.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Essential Duties and Functions
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborates with business staff to thoroughly understand the needs to be supported by the information systems and technology.
- Determines how changes to the project will affect the business and systems.
- Provides recommendations regarding the evolution of the system.
- Responds to inquiries and provides advice to the client regarding current and potential system inputs, processes, and outputs.
- Negotiates plans and timeframes, ensuring that clients understand the anticipated result.
- Develops and communicates detailed specifications for implementation.
- Produces reports, timelines, and graphics to communicate expectations and progress to management, customers, investors, and other relevant parties.
- Maintains and ensures proper documentation and coordinates or performs testing of system modifications.
- Collaborates with the Project Manager to ensure the needs of the client have been met.
- Researches and analyzes the nature, effect, and results of system difficulties.
- Satisfies data sampling, project analysis, testing verification, and other user requests from existing client databases.
- Acts as liaison with Information Technology and/or outside vendors to support relevant systems.
- Maintains current understanding of industry standards, trends, and best practices through industry and other professional networks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- With the Project Manager, exercises joint authority and responsibility for the work and schedules of consultants.
- Creates, develops, provides, or coordinates system training, materials, and other educational tools.
- Performance Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Communication Proficiency.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Some of the work will require exposure to loud noises or fumes in the plant facility. A remote work could be discussed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are generally Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours a week. Hours may vary based on business needs, especially during the first 3 to 4 days at the beginning of each month and the last 2 to 3 days of the end of each month.
No travel is required for this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software program.
- Experience with SQL; C# is a plus
- Extremely organized with great attention to detail.
- Excellent management skills with the ability to lead, facilitate, motivate, and organize.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and to creatively solve new problems.
- Ability to negotiate and settle differences quickly and peacefully.
- Ability to act as a team player.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.