If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
Carvana is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join our team as a Financial Analyst. The Financial Analyst will play a key role in developing and maintaining all aspects of financial analysis related to Carvana’s vehicle sourcing programs, as well as supporting Carvana’s relationships with key industry partners. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
What you’ll be doing
- Play a critical role in developing reporting and providing analytical support for several of our vehicle sourcing programs, including buying cars from consumers.
- Prepare forecasts of business segment profit and loss for senior management
- Develop and maintain data infrastructure, including in SQL tables and stored procedures, to support high quality, scalable analytics.
- Collect and analyze data on the latest trends in the auto market and participate in making strategic decisions regarding the direction of our vehicle purchasing business
- Manage relationships with key industry partners
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Economics, or Finance required.
- Goal-oriented, enthusiastic, self-motivated with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and SQL.
- Knowledge of statistics and regression analysis
- Introductory programming course completion is preferred.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.