Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
HR interns at Caterpillar perform the same challenging work assignments as our new full-time hires. This may include, but is not limited to, assignments in recruiting, talent management, labor relations, learning/development, compensation and benefits, succession management and related human resources disciplines. We work with our teams to ensure that every intern gains the appropriate professional and personal growth necessary to be successful in the corporate environment. Our interns are placed in a variety of HR specialties and locations.
Summer 2022: May 16, 2022 – August 5, 2022. This is a 40 hour per week assignment, lasting 12 weeks.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
– Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university/college in one of the following degree programs: Human Resources, Business with emphasis in HR coursework or Psychology degree with emphasis in HR coursework
– Minimum 2.8/4.0 Cumulative GPA (no rounding)
– Expected graduation date of December 2022 and beyond
– 12 completed semester hours at a 4-year university prior to start of internship or currently participating in a Caterpillar student program
– Must be able to relocate to assigned area (Peoria, IL, North Little Rock, AR, Seguin, TX, Tucson, AZ) for duration of internship, and complete daily work commute using reliable transportation
Top Candidates will also have
– Leadership experience
– Previous Human Resources internship or work experience
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong interpersonal skills and decision quality – Collaborative team member with strong initiative
– Excellent customer focus
– Ability to maintain confidentiality
– Familiar with company policies and procedures
Employee benefit details
Besides exciting and challenging work, Corporate Interns will experience:
– Comprehensive internship orientation
– Travel Reimbursement
– Tours of state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
– Product Demonstrations
– Various social events
– Networking with leadership
– Intern roundtable discussions
– Business skill building
– Career discussion with leaders and experts
– Resume and Interview workshop
– Paid holidays
– And more!
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.