The purpose of this position is to support to the Procurement and Sourcing Team for various procurement initiatives including database development/management, document administration, client reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compiles, analyzes and condenses data into a comprehensive presentation form.
- Oversees the tracking and organization of various vendor documents.
- Researches suppliers to obtain pricing and specifications based on corporate usage and specifications.
- Creates paperwork necessary for the acquisition of materials and services.
- Interfaces with internal customers to provide proactive customer service support.
- Provides related administrative support to including, but not limited to, scheduling of appointments and relaying information to internal and external clients.
- Other duties may be assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Associate or Technical Degree or higher in business, information technology or mathematics. Minimum of two years of related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret various types of business documents. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches, and articles in a pre-designed style and format. Ability to effectively respond to complex inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, supervisor, and/or management. Ability to present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires intermediate analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications. Basic knowledge of database design and relational database principles and practices. Knowledge of administration of databases in software development
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.