Are you a self-starter that’s eager to develop your strategic selling skills in a collaborative, problem solving team environment? CDW is looking for ambitious and dedicated students to join our Summer Sales Internship Program. This Program is designed to provide hands-on experience in business-to-business technology sales. As a Sales Intern, you’ll be exposed to solution-based selling strategies by collaborating with sales professionals that have access to 1,000+ brands to tackle our customers’ IT challenges. Not to mention, you’ll be joining a community of interns from universities across the country.
What you’ll do:
You will participate in a variety of meaningful projects that will allow you to experience each step in a high-performance sales environment. You will make a significant impact to our sales team by providing a fresh perspective. Beyond collaborating and managing strategic projects, the program delivers enrichment activities and social opportunities to grow your professional network and development.
• Research new and inactive accounts
• Improve relationships with new and existing contacts.
• Uncover additional potential opportunities by interacting with customers
• Assist customers in establishing online accounts
• Shadow CDW sellers from varying levels of tenure
• Work with experienced Account Managers on targeted selling campaigns
• Research segment-specific data for Sales Managers’ territory optimization
• Work with cross-functional teams to understand the CDW business model better
• Collaborate with vendor partners to learn about their partnerships with CDW
How you’ll grow:
You will be given the opportunity to sharpen your interpersonal skills and expand your knowledge of the technology industry through hands-on learning over the course of 10 weeks. The internship experience begins with classroom training and continues with ongoing support and feedback from your dedicated Sales Manager.
Our interview process:
After you submit your application, you will receive an email inviting you to complete our on demand HireVue digital interview. The HireVue interview can be completed by webcam, smartphone, tablet, or anything with a forward-facing video camera. Once completed, your interview is shared with the CDW hiring team. Your HireVue is for our eyes only; your recruiter and the team you are applying to join will be the only people to view it. Be yourself, relax and have fun with it. We thank you for your patience during our review of your application/digital interview and will be in-touch with next steps in the process.
Bring your best true self and your best ideas to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving and better solutions for our customers. You’ll be trusted to do your job in an environment that is energetic.
From teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together, and we always have your back. You’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with.
CDW is a place where we aspire every day to be better than we were yesterday.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers.
Awards and recognitions:
• #161 on the Fortune 500 list
• 2021 Insider Pro and Computerworld Best Places to Work in IT
• 2021 Glassdoor Best Places to Work
• 2020 Best Companies for Women by Fairygodboss
CDW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at Helpdesk-Recruiting@cdw.com.
The 2022 Sales Internship begins Tuesday, May 31st and ends Friday, August 5th. All Sales Interns have the opportunity to earn a full-time offer for CDW’s Account Representative role and start post-graduation.
What we’re looking for:
• Currently enrolled undergraduate students who are looking to begin a full-time career in technology sales in 2023
• Strong interpersonal and time management skills
• Ambitious, self-starter attitude with a motivation to excel in the role
• Availability to work a 40-hour week within standard business hours throughout the summer
• Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship as a full-time coworker