We are revolutionizing the world of healthcare through digital transformation and building a world-class software engineering practice. Our high caliber team delivers leading edge technology and drives innovation to solve complex business challenges. Using collective innovation we are turning visions into action and challenging what is possible to support the healthcare of 1 in 15 individuals.
You are a highly collaborative, strategic risk-taker driven to make a difference and change the face of healthcare. You thrive in a supportive, result-oriented community and are committed to the relentless pursuit of continuous growth. You are highly agile, excel in fast-paced environments and willing to push outside your comfort zone. You are ready to find your purpose at work
We are transforming technology and creating a digital evolution that will empower Centene to better serve our members. The Lead Machine Learning Engineer will perform tasks required to implement predictive modeling features as software, including building artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and statistical models; packaging, deploying, integrating, and supporting AI/ML models; and building platforms and processes to facilitate the development of AI/ML models by others
As a Lead Machine Learning Engineer you will:
- Act as a technical leader for ML/AI projects and coordinates with other technology teams to drive the architecture, tool choice, and implementation strategies of the project
- Trains and mentors junior machine learning engineers
- Writes reusable code libraries for use by other machine learning engineers
- Writes software code to enable and automate ML/AI model training and deployment
- Investigates and adapts new software platforms for ML/AI and data engineering
- Invents new software platforms and patterns for ML/AI and data engineering, such as new software libraries for text analysis, availability of software packages within the company, and new packaging and deployment
- Builds ML/AI models using common methods within R and Python
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off including paid holidays
- Health insurance coverage for you and dependents
- 401(k) and stock purchase plans
- Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development
Additionally you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Math, Physics, or similar quantitative field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of related experience required.
- Software engineering proficiency in 2+ programming languages, databases, version control, statistics, or machine learning required.
- Preferred experience: SQL and noSQL databases, writing and consuming APIs, application containers (e.g. Docker), streaming data, building predictive models, compute clouds, creating database schemas, Linux administration, continuous integration/continuous deployment.