Responsible for design, integration, implementation, maintenance, upgrades, and management of comprehensive information systems for the assigned business unit. Acts as liaison between and works collaboratively with the Assigned Business Unit (ABU), Information Technology Services (ITS), and other internal and external stakeholders as required. Participates in systems education, project planning/development and business process review/improvement. Responsible for ensuring that all programming, reporting, communication, support and electronic workflow needs are met in a timely manner.
- Champion functional business requirements to ensure that technology based solutions are properly developed and applied. Understand and oversee application of information systems to support functional business requirements of the ABU. Act as an in-house information systems expert and primary technical point-of-contact for the ABU. Work with appropriate ITS staff to assure information systems issues are addressed. Work with ABU staff to design, implement, test, and maintain information systems in support of those areas, including any necessary coordination with ITS and other offices on technical support and troubleshooting issues. Coordinate, oversee, and participate in the functional testing of all information systems utilized by the ABU during systems implementation, upgrades, patches, and other maintenance, including development and maintenance of testing plans, scripts and processes.
- Analyze business and information management processes within the ABU. Recommend and implement effective uses of technology to support these processes. Monitor, review, and evaluate appropriate new technologies that could potentially enhance the college’s ability to effectively manage and disseminate assigned business unit related information. Recommend, implement, and maintain automation processes for the ABU, including use of automation tools, automated scripts, and electronic workflows.
- Coordinate, develop and implement reporting, tracking and data extraction functions and processes, in coordination with ITS and other stakeholders. Design, develop, and produce detailed, standard and ad hoc reports. Research topics relevant to ABU. Perform data analysis and produce statistical summaries.
- Coordinate and assist in the development and delivery of training and online support resources on use of ABU information systems to departmental personnel and other end-users. Act as a liaison for end users, fielding questions, troubleshooting problems, and providing support. Provide technical support, functional guidance and direction on information systems to assigned business unit user group, vendors, and other stakeholders. Act as a liaison for end-users to coordinate support for communication systems related to professional development information systems, including email, web, portal, and other automated processes. Create and maintain documentation for ABU information systems and related business processes.
- Coordinate, maintain, and assists with user security and account setups. Provide support in the triage, troubleshooting and resolution of information systems related issues. Identify and track system defects as well as enhancements to ensure the proper routing of problems to vendor, staff, and other stakeholders. Collaborate with vendor support on the resolution applications issues and system problems.
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of ABU information systems. Ensure system accuracy by working with users to conduct periodic audits of data, processes, and processing results. Serve as liaison for ABU in establishing information systems related priorities. Designs, builds, and maintains Management Information and Decision Support Systems, as required.
- Represent ABU on college committees (e.g. Nexus Transformation) and at vendor/users conferences (e.g. Campus Management’s CampusInsight). Represent the college by service on task forces and committees of Federal and State agencies. Network with other systems support professional regarding problem resolution and system enhancements. Collaborate with stakeholders on information systems of ABU.
- May perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position to include the recruitment and retention of students.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree – or – Professional Level certification – or – Demonstrated KSA
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years applicable experience
SPECIAL POSITION CONDITIONS: May be required to be available for after-hours emergency response duties as a member of a 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year ERP support team.
Entry Salary Range: $62,806.00 – $66,574.00 per year (Dependent upon Qualifications)
Open Until Filled – First Review September 2, 2021
Applications must include the following documents to be considered:
- Cover Letter (Letter of Interest)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
Copies of transcripts should reflect completed course work and conferred degrees. All academic course work and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by an acceptable translator. Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited course work by an acceptable agency such as those agencies certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation, will not be considered.
The level of background verification for this position is : Executive Level
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High-level experience using SQL against relational databases (e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SQL) to code, interpret and execute reports/queries. Excellent working knowledge of database table structure and entity relationships.
- Proficient in the use of reporting and decision support tools and the use of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience designing business based solutions to support the functions of the assigned business unit, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Experience developing and managing/supporting information management systems related to function of the assigned business unit.
- Experience in training user groups and communication of complex, technical information to people with varying levels experience and understanding.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple, complex and varied assignments in a timely manner. Must be well organized and able to keep meticulous records.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and to clearly and effectively communicate technical information to individuals at all levels of the organization with varying levels of understanding.
- Ability to identify and apply technological solutions to the functional work of the assigned business unit, ensuring that all business and regulatory requirements are met.
- Ability to develop and maintain detailed documentation for technology systems and processes. Ability to create and maintain detailed testing plans and associated scripts.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
- Ability to conduct research into administrative system issues and products as required.
- Knowledge of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.