Ignite your future: your opportunity
Schwab Advisor Services™ is the leading provider of custodial, trading, technology and practice management offerings for independent Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) firms. We provide access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help more than 7,500 independent investment advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow and succeed in their business goals and dreams.
Unleash your talents: what you’re good at
Schwab can help you jump-start your career. Our unique Advisor Services RIA Intern Program uncovers how Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firms work and allows you to explore future career opportunities in financial services. As an intern, you’ll interact with various areas of Schwab Advisor Services, participate in educational learning sessions, complete client case studies, explore the portfolio construction and financial planning process, conduct mock-client meetings and attend Schwab-hosted client events. You will gain experience in an area of financial services that’s about more than just making money—it’s about doing what’s best for clients.
The internship is a paid position lasting 8 weeks (June 14 – August 6, 2021) during which you’ll learn how Schwab supports independent advisors in serving their clients. You will:
· develop an understanding of the processes and procedures Schwab employs to support RIAs
· develop and practice your presentation and public-speaking skills in a professional setting
· expand your network by building relationships with advisors, intern alumni, mentors, and presentation coaches
· spend time in an RIA office to learn how advisors manage their businesses and service their clients
· introduce trade support, client serving, portfolio construction, and financial advising
· collaborate as part of a team to prepare and present a final project
Engage your expertise: what you’ll have
· Completed a minimum of two years of college-level financial-planning, business or economics undergraduate education
· Participated in extra-curricular activities geared toward a career in the financial services industry
· Anticipated graduation date is between December 2020 and May 2023
· Intermediate knowledge of financial products and services
· Desire to work in the RIA industry post-graduation
· Thrive at teamwork with proven success in working in cross-functional teams
· Proficient in Microsoft® Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
· Proficient in interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Proficient in customer service skills
· Strive for or have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in relevant coursework
· Understand that this internship program is offered at our Orlando, Florida campus
For more information visit our website: Schwab Advisor Services™ RIA Summer Internship Program
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do. We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, crafting a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you. Hear from employees:
The benefits of working at Schwab: a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see the policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.