The Internal Audit Department (IAD) of The Charles Schwab Corporation provides independent and objective assessments to figure out whether all significant risks are identified and appropriately reported by management and risk functions to the Board and Executive Management, to evaluate whether risks are adequately controlled, and to challenge Executive Management to improve the effectiveness of governance processes, risk management, and internal controls.
The Professional Practices Group (PPG) is seeking a Senior Data Analyst. PPG provides the processes, training, and tools to support the Internal Audit Department’s alignment to standards and expectations of quality, timeliness and consistency. PPG Data Analytics specifically provides data and analysis for internal audit activities and results giving to CSC’s governance committees’ ability to perform effective oversight.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager of PPG, the Senior Data Analyst has responsibility for the independent and objective assurance activity designed to improve the firm’s operations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes, through the use of data analytics. This position is also responsible for collaborating closely with the firm’s risk management functions and data owners across technology and various lines of business.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We’re proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Align with written procedures, standards and training on the execution of data analytics within internal audits.
- Support day-to-day audit data analytics projects including:
- Identify, design, and develop data analytics extract routines to support selected audits within the annual audit plan.
- Handle data extraction, storage, transformation, and processing through data analytics routines, and generate output for analysis and discussion with the audit team.
- Use data analysis tools to automate audit testing and develop techniques for continuous auditing and analyzing large volumes of data.
- Coordinate with data owners across the organization to identify appropriate data sources and data elements required for analytics, perform procedures to validate the completeness and accuracy of data.
- Collaborate with enterprise audit team members to find opportunities to use data analytics to support data profiling to better understand distribution and determine analytics strategies.
- Document methods and procedures used such that an independent party understands the approach and conclusions and can re-perform if needed.
- Build knowledge base and expertise in chosen functional area.
- Work with audit team members to appropriately scope and execute data analytics focused on the most significant and relevant risks.
- Be aware of changes in the business that may affect the risk environment and, therefore, require possible changes to the audit plan or to the scope of planned audits, and associated analytics.
- Work closely with key partners on key department initiatives to understand and deliver on user requirements.
- Assist in development of executive management dashboards in support of Audit Committee and other key audit related reports.
- Provide proactive consultation in identifying risk exposures and in evaluating solutions for internal control weaknesses and regulatory compliance issues, through the use of analytics.
- Maintain business relationships with peers across the organization ensuring Internal Audit is aware of key changes to business activities and objectives for appropriate response.
- Identify themes, trends, and emerging risks for advancement and communication to IAD senior management.
- Champion and promote the use of data analytics techniques to internal audit teams to evaluate large data sets for trends and anomalies within internal audit assurance and support activities.
What you have
- 3 – 5+ years of shown experience with databases/reporting, ETL (data extraction, transformation, loading), and with data analysis, reporting automation, and visualization tools. Internal audit, financial services, and/or Big 4 Accounting experience a plus.
- Extensive knowledge and experience performing data analytics of the following areas:
- Data analytics and management technologies (Tableau, Alteryx, SAS, Python, R, Informatica, Power BI, TeamMate Analytics, ACL etc.)
- Database management systems (SQL, Oracle, Teradata, etc.).
- Robotics process automation tools (Ui Path, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, etc.)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets
- Queries, report writing and communicating findings
- CPA, CIA, or CISA strongly preferred. Other applicable certifications will be considered.
- Current knowledge of industry, regulatory issues and standard methodologies; willingness to impart this knowledge to the team.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate effectively and professionally.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Adaptable to change in a constantly evolving environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to travel 5-10%
Target Total Compensation – 70,700 – 111,900.
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.