If you’re looking to use strong analytical and math skills in a fast-paced environment, a Risk Management Underwriting career at Cigna will allow you to do all this and more. Underwriters evaluate the risk of insuring a potential Cigna customer and use that information to set premium rates for insurance policies. As part of our internship program, you will directly impact our business on a daily basis, protecting Cigna‘s sound financial position which enables us to meet our financial commitments to our customers.
What you’ll do:
Cigna’s 10 week Risk Management & Underwriting Leadership Development Program (RULDP) is looking for motivated individuals to join us in the RULDP Summer Internship Program Explore. The internship is designed to further develop analytical skills and business acumen in a dynamic and flexible work environment. It is a great way to assess whether the underwriting profession and Cigna are a good fit for you. RULDP Explore Internship offerings:
- “Real” work: you will be assigned underwriting responsibilities and make a contribution to Cigna Healthcare underwriting goals.
- Intern Project: you will be assigned a project that challenges your problem-solving and innovation skills.
- Community: you will have the opportunity for visibility with senior management as well as one-on-one learning with underwriting professionals, who will share their knowledge, experience and assume roles as individual coaches and mentors.
- Speaker series: you and your fellow interns will be exposed to a variety of lectures and presentations given by members of the Cigna community.
- Compensation: earn a highly competitive hourly rate in addition to gaining valuable work experience.
What you need to do the job:
- Ideal candidate will have completed 3 years towards a Bachelor’s degree (rising senior) in Finance, Business, Economics, Risk Management or related fields
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- 3.0 GPA preferred
- High comfort level with math/numbers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft office software, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- An interest in pursuing a career in underwriting
- Customer-centric mindset
- Location: Phoenix, AZ – The internship is paid and housing assistance is not offered.
- Work Authorization: One goal of this internship program is to prepare and identify qualified candidates for roles with Cigna post-graduation. Therefore, this temporary internship is open only to individuals who are eligible for employment in the United States and who would not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- Start Date: May 2022
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.