Cignus is an SBA certified 8(A) small aviation-focused engineering and consulting company headquartered in Leesburg, VA. We provide airport/airspace planning, terminal planning, simulation & modeling, operations planning, and systems/software engineering services to aviation clients worldwide.
Cignus is actively seeking a talented and hardworking entry or mid-level Airport Planner (3+ years of experience) for immediate employment in our New York (Manhattan) offices. The candidate can look forward to a variety of exciting projects focused on airside, terminal, and landside planning including the development of Master Plans, ALPs, and other documents for major airports in the region. Come join a growing team and work on one of the most exciting and complex airport systems in the world.
The responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Support the development of Conceptual Designs, Airport Layout Plans (ALPs) and airport master plans
- Conduct planning activities focus on identifying, analyzing, evaluating, and recommending issues involved in airport development and improvements
- Develop/update/review ALPs using AutoCAD and ArcGIS as needed
- Develop and assess trends, statistics, and external impacts affecting airport planning
- Work directly with clients, airlines, and ATC on airport planning projects
- Support facility planning
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant aviation field
- 3+ years of Airport Planning experience
- Industry-specific experience and knowledge including FAA ACs and ICAO/IATA standards
- Experience in the use of CAD (i.e. AutoCAD) on Airport Projects
- Excellent communications and technical writing skills
- Proficiency with Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Experience in simulation modeling (airside or terminal) a benefit
Minimal initially with possible future opportunities.
Salary based on years of relevant experience. Competitive corporate health and retirement benefits. Yearly performance incentives.
Cignus is involved in some of the most cutting-edge and exciting projects and programs across the globe. We provide a work environment that encourages growth, creativity, and flexibility across the entire company. We also offer a competitive benefits program with a focus on positive work-life balance.
Cignus Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply through Handshake or e-mail your resume and application letter directly to email@example.com.