Summer Internship (May – August 2022, full-time) in Chicago, IL or San Francisco, CA
Cisco Meraki Business Unit
At Cisco Meraki, our Network Support Engineering team troubleshoots cases that cover the entire Meraki product line, including our wireless access points, security appliances, cameras, switches, and Systems Manager application!
The Network Support Internship allows individuals to explore the wonders of Networking by rapidly developing an understanding of networking fundamentals through structured classroom instruction, Packet Tracer exposure, labs, and troubleshooting scenarios instructed by a Meraki Intern Instructor/Mentor.
With a steep learning curve and a fun, challenging work environment, our interns come out of the program with a deeper understanding of networking, stronger problem-solving skills, and a mastery of customer support.
- Participate in and successfully complete structured classroom workshops specific to core CCNA preparation administered by a Meraki instructor
- Work through lab assignments via Packet Tracer, NetAcad labs, and Meraki troubleshooting labs to learn the fundamentals of networking and troubleshooting
- Gain an understanding of the networking field by participating and engaging in various courses
- Assist with lab testing work as needed for Meraki products
- Identify issues suitable for entry in the Meraki Knowledge Base
- Gain exposure to researching and resolving issues reported by Meraki customers and partners
- Junior or senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a computer science, information technology, networking, systems administration, or a related field from an accredited university. Individuals already graduated or pursuing a master’s degree will not be considered
- Hardworking and interested in exploring the Networking field
- Passionate to assist and problem-solve with customers
- Able to strategically and critically think about how to look for solutions, willing to be pushed outside your knowledge areas, and eager to learn and find solutions
- A strong communicator and problem-solver
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
Preferred experiences within helpdesk, technical call center, desktop support, or past networking experiences preferred, but not required
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.