ABOUT THIS POSITION
During the current health crisis, the majority of job interviews will be held by video or audio conference. In person recruitment and selection processes will be conducted in accordance with recommended safety guidelines (masks, social distancing, and disinfecting between candidates).
Please be aware that you may be required to undergo screening for symptoms of COVID-19 which may include answering questions regarding symptoms or having your body temperature read as part of this job. You may also be required to wear a face covering or use other personal protective equipment (PPE) related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Forbes magazine has named the City of Phoenix as one of America’s top 500 best large employers and the Top 20 best employers in the state.
The City’s enterprise-wide information technology is centralized into the Information Technology Services (ITS) department. Technology professionals with the City work on critical systems supporting the enterprise, and providing services to Phoenix residents and businesses. Our business is in the City of Phoenix, which means the work our IT professionals do helps to improve lives of residents, businesses, and visitors to Phoenix!
Currently there is a vacancy in the Information Technology Services Department’s for an Election Applications Manager – Senior Information Technology Systems Specialist working with the City Clerk Election Applications team.
The Election Applications Manager – Senior Information Technology Systems Specialist is an important role, as their primary function is to lead the team which supports the City Clerk Department’s election applications, and also modernizes election-related applications.
A successful candidate for this position is a professional who is proficient in Microsoft technologies; has the ability to re-architect and re-code legacy applications; and be able to lead and manage developer teams who code and support election applications for the fifth largest city in the nation. The candidate must also have the ability to work with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
KEY JOB DUTIES
- Lead the Election Application team, manage workloads, identify priorities, and follow project methodologies in supporting election applications.
- Understand business requirements and coordinate with multiple stakeholders to implement them.
- Provide technical support for citywide election applications during various City elections.
This recruitment and any interview process as a result of this recruitment may be used by multiple hiring managers and multiple departments throughout the City to fill any related current or future vacancies; other recruitments and appropriate eligible lists may also be considered.
$71,926 – $109,470 annually. Candidates may be hired above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA/HDHP plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days and personal leave days. For more details, visit:
- Two years of experience as an Information Technology Systems Specialist involving database management and on-line telecommunications;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or a related field.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The City job description can be found here.
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For information regarding pre-screening and driving positions, click here.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- Expertise in Microsoft development platform and tools, including Visual Studio, C#, .Net Core, Razor, SQL Server.
- Experience using DevOps and Agile development methdologies, DevOps and Git.
- Supervisory experience.
- Microsoft certifications, project management, and Agile development certifications.
Recruitment closes June 16, 2021. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/ by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
- Explore other Employment Opportunities with the City of Phoenix.
- Subscribe to receive e-mail notifications about new employment opportunities.
- Request assistance applying for this job by contacting our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Senior Info Tech Systems Spec, Job Code: 09570, ID# 40186
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Spend Wisely, Be Kind.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply