ABOUT THIS POSITION
During the current health crisis, the majority of job interviews will be held by video or audio conference. In person recruitment and selection processes will be conducted in accordance with recommended safety guidelines (masks, social distancing, and disinfecting between candidates).
Please be aware that you may be required to undergo screening for symptoms of COVID-19 which may include answering questions regarding symptoms or having your body temperature read as part of this job. You may also be required to wear a face covering or use other personal protective equipment (PPE) related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Forbes magazine has named the City of Phoenix as one of America’s top 500 best large employers and the Top 20 best employers in the state.
Technology professionals with the City work on critical systems supporting the enterprise, and providing services to Phoenix residents and businesses. Our business is in the City of Phoenix, which means the work our IT professionals do helps to improve lives of residents, businesses, and visitors to Phoenix!
Enterprise-wide information technology is centralized into the Information Technology Services (ITS) department. The City of Phoenix is seeking a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of an Enterprise Applications Integration Specialist vacancy within the Information Technology Services Department.
The position will support the City’s use of the Microsoft Azure Integration Services (AIS) platform for developing integration solutions between various City systems. The successful candidate should have extensive experience working with microservices architecture, API’s, web services and developing integration solutions using an Integration Platform as a Service (IPaaS) such as Azure Integration Services. The candidate should also have experience leading development initiatives, possess strong analytic skills, and be able to work closely with technical and non-technical customers.
KEY JOB DUTIES
- Design integration solutions using the Microsoft Azure Integration Services platform, including LogicApps, Flow, API Manager, Service Bus, and Event Grid.
- Oversee the deployment and sustainability of integration solutions to meet a variety of business needs.
- Serve as subject matter expert with customers and internal/external project team members throughout all project phases, effectively contributing to the development of solutions that meets clients’ needs and requirements.
- Manage licensing, oversee governance and ensure the adoption of a best practice approach for integration using an IPaaS platform.
- Develop and continue to refine implementation and governance standards for the use of an IPaaS platform across a technical landscape of a large scale municipality.
This recruitment and any interview process as a result of this recruitment may be used by multiple hiring managers and multiple departments throughout the City to fill any related current or future vacancies; other recruitments and appropriate eligible lists may also be considered.
$71,926 – $109,470 annually. Candidates may be hired above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA/HDHP plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days and personal leave days. For more details, visit: Unit 7 Benefits
- Two years of experience as an Information Technology Systems Specialist involving database management and on-line telecommunications.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or a related field.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The City job description can be found here.
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- Experience in IPaaS, IaaS, PaaS, storage, network and database; as well as related on-prem implementation.
- Experience in Web development and API development using ASP.NET MVC or Web API is required.
- Experience with REST and SOA or Microservice architectures.
- Experience in implementing hybrid connectivity between Azure and on premise using virtual networks, VPN and Express Route.
- §Experience in container based deployment/support including Kubernetes (on any public cloud or on-prem) for a large scale enterprise.
- Experience as a lead .NET Developer/Solution Architect.
- Current Microsoft role-based certifications, such as Azure Architect, Developers.
First review of applications will occur the week of April 5, 2021. Recruitment will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications or on April 19, 2021, whichever is sooner.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/ by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Senior Info Tech Systems Spec: Job Code 09570, ID# 39130
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Spend Wisely, Be Kind.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.