The City of Phoenix Information Technology Services (ITS) department is seeking interns to map out existing business processes for the purpose of creating automated ticket flows in the city’s ticketing and change management system (Salesforce’s Remedyforce). The interns will meet with service owners to ask detailed questions about the service provided and how technicians handle tickets submitted for the service.
2. Purpose and Scope
The internship will require the use of mapping tools such as Microsoft Visio to document the steps of a service, from the ticket creation to the ticket completion steps. The effort will require static information gathering that will be used for the city’s service catalog project, as well as variable information gathering for the ticket process flow.
The documentation will require sign off by the service owner and project lead.
3. Internship Responsibilities
- Conduct regular meetings with the service owner and subject matter experts (SME’s) to obtain a list of services. Ask opened-ended questions to obtain a well-defined explanation and detailed process for the service.
- Create a process map for each service to illustrate how a ticket submitted for a Service Request or Incident will flow between technician(s) and clients. Include approval processes and required data fields needed from the ticket client. Identify if multiple tasks between different IT teams or departments is required for the process to be completed.
- Document key areas for the service such as:
i. Service levels
ii. Maintenance windows
iii. Policies, procedures and/or standards that govern the service
iv. Contact info and methods
v. Catalog categories for the service
vi. Service availability
vii. Other resource links, forms, etc.
- Obtain approval from the service owner and project lead.