Hibbing Taconite Company
Hibbing Taconite (HTC) began production in 1976 and made its initial shipment in January of 1977. HTC is ISO certified in Quality and Environmental Management Systems and is a joint venture owned by Cleveland-Cliffs (85.3%) and US Steel (14.7%). It has an annual rated capacity of 8.0 million gross tons a year.
Hibbing operations consist of an open pit truck and shovel mine, a concentrator that utilizes single stage crushing, autogenous (AG) mills and magnetic separation to produce a magnetite concentrate, which is then delivered to an on-site pellet plant. From the site, pellets are transported by BNSF rail to a ship loading port at Superior, Wisconsin.
Job Posting Title: Dispatch Administrator
Position Summary: . Analyze and evaluate dispatch data with an emphasis on producing recommendations necessary to drive continuous improvement in mining operations.
- Ensure data integrity, monitor and maintain dispatch system performance. Manage/implement fixes, improvements and upgrades to the system.
- Assure proper functionality of shovel, truck, drill, and support equipment GPS-based system interfaces.
- Assure proper functionality of data radio transmission networks.
- Support Mine Operations by optimizing the utilization of the dispatch system to assure maximum productivity.
- Assist engineering, maintenance, and operations in the resolution of any and all dispatch issues.
- Manage dispatch system vendor to provide all necessary repairs and upgrades of the mine dispatch system.
- Analyze and evaluate dispatch data with an emphasis on producing recommendations necessary to drive continuous improvement in mining operations.
- Manage dispatch reporting system and database as required to provide timely and accurate data produced from both vendor and mine developed reports. Write custom reports as required by mine personnel and management.
- Repair and/or restore computer hardware, software, and networking.
- Support the implementation of hourly and dispatcher performance feedback reporting, utilizing system information.
- Identify and justify future purchases and mine management system improvements.
- Remain current with regard to industry developments surrounding dispatch and mine management hardware, software, and data management.
- Experience with database management tools/languages is strongly preferred
- A degree in computer engineering, computer science, similar field, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with SQL
- Previous experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is desired
- Previous experience with data analysis tools (such as Python, R, or other scripting languages) is desired
- Previous experience with report automation is desired
- Work in a mining environment preferred.
- Experience with Modular dispatch system
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits
- Bonus program
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The company will not sponsor applicants for this position for work visas.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that ALL Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment, you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc., including its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Cleveland-Cliffs”), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. Cleveland-Cliffs is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and requires all prospective employees to undergo a pre-employment background check and post-offer medical exam, including an alcohol and drug screen.