At CLA we create inspired careers.
We recognize that each inspired career journey is different. That’s why CLA exists, to create opportunities. We promise to know you and help you.
We are seeking an Associate Cyber Security Penetration Tester within the IT & Cybersecurity team for our Phoenix, AZ office.
Are you excited to work on an inclusive team doing impactful work for clients? Do you want to learn and execute social engineering projects via emails, phone calls, and in-person attacks?
Would you like working with wide variety of clients to help them solve their most complex cyber security challenges? If your answer to any of these questions is “YES”, then apply to our Associate Cyber Security Penetration Tester position at CLA!
Thrive in a culture that is committed to knowing you and helping you create opportunities for your career, your clients and your community! You will be encouraged and supported to keep your technical skills sharp through continued research, attending security conferences, certifications and providing thought leadership.
- Put your ethical hacking skills, problem solving, vulnerability and exploitation knowledge to use by evaluating, testing and exploiting vulnerabilities to determine weaknesses in client’s IT operations, processes, systems and related controls.
- Identify unique issues specific to client’s environment and present solutions based on your findings for business opportunities, risks and needs to the engagement teams.
- This includes network, application, and wireless penetration testing.
- Perform a variety of internal and external technical assessments), review tactics and processes to protect organizations from threats, interpret findings to determine if systems and processes can appropriately react to threats, identify security settings that may need to be “hardened” and recommend a multi-layered approach to prevent attacks, including proper defense, relationships, communication and training.
- Test the human element within an organization’s security posture.
- Target people with emails, phone calls, and in-person interactions in an attempt to convince them to give up sensitive information or take an action that could help an attacker
- Support CLA’s Forensic and Incident Response team through your technical capabilities.
- Support CLA’s IT Project team to help our clients with remediating vulnerabilities, implementing technology, etc.
- Exemplify our CLA values – curious, collaborative, transparent, inclusive, and reliable.
- Passion for doing impactful work, accountability for actions, initiative to make visions a reality, integrity that places honesty and trust above all else, professionalism, and conscientiousness.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field OR equivalent experience.
- One or more IT Security Certifications or plans to obtain one, such as OSCP, OSWP, GWAPT, GPEN, CEH, etc.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure hardware and software preferred, including firewalls, intrusion detection/penetration devices, and servers preferred.
- High-level knowledge of IT control requirements associated with variance IT/cybersecurity governance frameworks: SOC, FFIEC, GLBA, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA and PCI preferred.
- Knowledge of security audit techniques, processes and services preferred.
- Ability to deliver a high level of client service, including the ability to identify client needs and explain complex concept to non-technical audiences preferred.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to learn about your hiring rights.
If you require a reasonable accommodation when completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.