At CLA we create inspired careers.
We recognize that not everyone wants to grow their career paths in the same way. That’s why CLA exists to create opportunities. We promise to know you and help you.
We are seeking Interns for our Phoenix, AZ office. As an intern, you will assist and provide audit and tax services to clients, with a primary focus on gaining exposure to a particular industry. You will utilize your accounting educational background to assist in some or all stages of an engagement or project; most commonly review engagements, procedures engagements, or basic tax issues, providing support and leverage to associates, seniors, and others. Based on performance, career goals, and business conditions you could walk away with a full-time offer.
• Assists with the detail work of audits, reviews, some compilations, and other assurance services for clients.
• Collects and analyzes data to detect deficient controls, duplicated efforts, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
• Supports multiple client engagements on time and within budget, identifying issues and communicating progress and audit results to supervisors.
• Prepares tax returns and reviews with the tax team.
• Completes tax related research and special projects as needed.
• Gains experience, exposure, and knowledge in one or more industries.
• Expands industry knowledge through greater exposure to peers, internal experts, clients, regular self-study, and formal training opportunities.
• Passion for doing impactful work, accountability for actions, initiative to make visions a reality, integrity that places honesty and trust above all else, professionalism, and conscientiousness.
• Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Windows and Office products.
• Reliable transportation and ability to travel to client sites.
• Bachelor’s degree or working towards the achievement of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
• Achieving credit requirements to sit for CPA exam.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to learn about your hiring rights.
If you require a reasonable accommodation when completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.