AI & Analytics, Data Engineer
A Data Engineer in the AI and Analytics Practice brings relevant context to complex data for business and IT for intelligent systems and critical decisions. They work with in the domains of data management, to integrate high-volume, high-variation, and/or high-velocity data to produce answers and enable clients to ask an entirely new class of questions. They will use a variety of tools and techniques to deliver better, faster, and smarter data to some of the world’s most successful businesses – our clients. Specific responsibilities include:
A New Generation of Cognizant
Cognizant’s Generation Cognizant or “Gen C” program is internally recognized as the future of Cognizant and includes associates that are hired into the company through our campus recruitment channels. This program is designed to be the perfect bridge between academia and the corporate world allowing associates to Start Smart and Think Big. Check out these videos to hear from Current Gen C’ers on what the associate experience is like within Cognizant.
Cognizant leadership has strategically devoted a lot of attention to our Gen C program and fully recognizes these associates as the future of Cognizant. This stems from the investment dollars spent on developing our talent. Gen C AIA associates are introduced to the company culture immediately via a weeklong training program headed by Cognizant Academy. They are then provided around two months of role specific technical training to ensure a successful client placement. At the end of each training cycle, associates attend our Cognizant Graduation Ceremony where they get to interact with some of AIA’s most senior leaders.
AIA Studio Collaboration Center
In order to support our Gen C studio center delivery model, a collaboration hub has been established in Plano, Texas. This collaboration hub or “solution center” acts as the main office for all things Gen C. Associates typically work remotely for their clients from this office. (Note: There are certain cases in which clients request their associates be located onsite therefore this role is considered to be Nationwide). The office is designed to be as collaborative as possible with wide open seating and many white boarding rooms. Associates note that there is always a quiet hum due to the number of innovative conversations going on.
With so much innovation and creativity happening in one place, there is bound to be someone that has faced a similar challenge within the building. Instead of spending countless hours furiously trying to understand why your code will not compile, rely on your colleagues as a resource to overcome barriers. Associates are also paired with a mentor within the first month of joining Cognizant. These mentors act as a safety net for the associate to ask questions and seek advice. Mentor relationships are cultivated using our Chronus mentoring tool, ensuring associates get the most out of their relationships.
- Build and deliver data pipelines to store data in a way that is accessible, performant, secure, and sustainable
- Prototype solutions, prepare test scripts, and conduct tests for data replication, extraction, loading, cleansing, and data modeling for data warehouses
- Review and validate data loaded into data lakes/warehouses for accuracy
- Develop proofs of concept and evaluate design options to deliver ingestion, search, metadata cataloging and scheduling of data pipelines
- Data engineering in line with best practices and Cognizant’s reference architecture
- Understand and document technical use case requirements in order to deliver data movement and transformation solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field and 0-3 years of IT experience
- Strong business communication skills (including written and oral)
- Programming experience with Python or Java development for modern data engineering
- Strong background in relational data models
- Exposure in Data Pipelines & SQL / NoSQL (e.g Cassandra, Hbase) and Relational Database management systems
- Exposure to implementing PaaS services on public clouds – Azure, AWS OR GCP
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Full Data lifecycle development experience
- Industry experience (financial services, insurance, retail, healthcare, life sciences, communications)
- Experience in developing and deploying distributed computing applications using Open Source or cloud native services.
- Working knowledge of data applications including Hadoop components (HDFS, HBase, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, etc.)
- Exposure to data analytics and data mining tools/applications such as Tableau, QlikSense /QlikView, R or SAS
- Exposure to working with SQL, Relational Database Management Systems (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle)
- Development workflows (e.g., Microsoft VSTS)
- Experience leading teams
Why choose us?
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired. If you’re comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you
Our commitment to you: Working with one of the top Data Science firms, using some of the most advanced and patented evolutionary AI capabilities.
- Your innovative thinking and successes will be rewarded with opportunities for career advancement
- You will gain experience across a wide variety of projects and industries with one of the world’s premier Data Science firms
- You can make a difference working with high-profile clients and projects to create meaningful solutions through true collaboration
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.