A Data Engineer in Cognizant’s Data+ practice brings relevant context to complex data for business and IT for intelligent systems and critical decisions. They work with in the domains of data management, to integrate high-volume, high-variation, and/or high-velocity data to produce answers and enable clients to ask an entirely new class of questions. They will use a variety of tools and techniques to deliver better, faster, and smarter data to some of the world’s most successful businesses – our clients.
- Build and deliver data pipelines to store data in a way that is accessible, performant, secure, and sustainable
- Prototype solutions, prepare test scripts, and conduct tests for data replication, extraction, loading, cleansing, and data modeling for data warehouses
- Review and validate data loaded into data lakes/warehouses for accuracy
- Develop proofs of concept and evaluate design options to deliver ingestion, search, metadata cataloging and scheduling of data pipelines
- Data engineering in line with best practices and Cognizant’s reference architecture
- Understand and document technical use case requirements in order to deliver data movement and transformation solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field and 0-3 years of IT experience
- Strong business communication skills (including written and oral)
- Programming experience with Python or Java development for modern data engineering
- Strong background in relational data models
- Exposure in Data Pipelines & SQL / NoSQL (e.g Cassandra, Hbase) and Relational Database management systems
- Exposure to implementing PaaS services on public clouds – Azure, AWS OR GCP
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Full Data lifecycle development experience
- Industry experience (financial services, insurance, retail, healthcare, life sciences, communications)
- Experience in developing and deploying distributed computing applications using Open Source or cloud native services.
- Working knowledge of data applications including Hadoop components (HDFS, HBase, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, etc.)
- Exposure to data analytics and data mining tools/applications such as Tableau, QlikSense /QlikView, R or SAS
- Exposure to working with SQL, Relational Database Management Systems (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle)
- Development workflows (e.g., Microsoft VSTS)
- Experience leading teams
Due to the nature of this position Cognizant cannot provide sponsorship for U.S. work authorization (including participation in a CPT/OPT program) for this role.
Data Engineers will be deployed to Cognizant office(s) in Dallas-TX, Phoenix-AZ, or Tampa-FL where you will work alongside other experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions. Applicants must be willing to relocate to the aforementioned major geographic area.
Data Engineers will largely start in 3 cohorts; January, June, or August 2022. If your offer is for January, we will communicate your exact start date at the time of offer. While we will attempt to honor candidate summer start date preferences, business need and position availability will determine final start date assignment of June or August. Exact summer start dates will be communicated with enough time for you to plan effectively.
Why Choose Us
Cognizant delivers solutions that draw upon the full power and scale of our associates. You will be supported by high-caliber experts and employ some of the most advanced and patented capabilities. Our associate’s diverse backgrounds offer varied perspectives and fuel new ways of thinking. We encourage lively discussions which inspire better results for our clients.
If you’re comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you.