We are Cognizant Artificial Intelligence
AI and analytics give companies a once-in-a-generation opportunity to perform orders of magnitude better than ever before. In order to do so, our clients need new business models built from analyzing dynamically changing customer and business operations data to drive ideal business decisions.
Chances are you’re not looking for business as usual. Neither are we. Find out more about our student and entry level opportunities. Cognizant’s AI and Analytics (AIA) Practice has a challenging Data Scientist role.
A New Generation of Cognizant
Cognizant’s Generation Cognizant or “Gen C” program is internally recognized as the future of Cognizant and includes associates that are hired into the company through our campus recruitment channels. This program is designed to be the perfect bridge between academia and the corporate world allowing associates to Start Smart and Think Big. Check out these videos to hear from Current Gen C’ers on what the associate experience is like within Cognizant.
Cognizant leadership has strategically devoted a lot of attention to our Gen C program and fully recognizes these associates as the future of Cognizant. This stems from the investment dollars spent on developing our talent. Gen C AIA associates are introduced to the company culture immediately via a weeklong training program headed by Cognizant Academy. They are then provided around two months of role specific technical training to ensure a successful client placement. At the end of each training cycle, associates attend our Cognizant Graduation Ceremony where they get to interact with some of AIA’s most senior leaders.
AIA Studio Collaboration Center
In order to support our Gen C studio center delivery model, a collaboration hub has been established in Plano, Texas. This collaboration hub or “solution center” acts as the main office for all things Gen C. Associates typically work remotely for their clients from this office. (Note: There are certain cases in which clients request their associates be located onsite therefore this role is considered to be Nationwide). The office is designed to be as collaborative as possible with wide open seating and many white boarding rooms. Associates note that there is always a quiet hum due to the number of innovative conversations going on.
With so much innovation and creativity happening in one place, there is bound to be someone that has faced a similar challenge within the building. Instead of spending countless hours furiously trying to understand why your code will not compile, rely on your colleagues as a resource to overcome barriers. Associates are also paired with a mentor within the first month of joining Cognizant. These mentors act as a safety net for the associate to ask questions and seek advice. Mentor relationships are cultivated using our Chronus mentoring tool, ensuring associates get the most out of their relationships.
A Data Scientist in the AI and Analytics Practice brings relevant context to complex data for business and IT for intelligent systems and human decisioning. They work within the domains of data management, business intelligence, descriptive analytics and advanced modeling. They will use a variety of machine learning and AI approaches to deliver better, faster, and smarter insights and intelligence to some of the world’s most successful businesses – our clients. Specific responsibilities include:
- Building an in-depth understanding of the opportunity, challenge or issue in the domain and its associated data
- Interact with and integrate large, diverse and impactful datasets across business functions
- Research, design, implement, and evaluate advanced analytics, including machine learning models
- Take initiative in evaluating and adapting new approaches and methods from data science research
- Investigate data visualization and summarization techniques for conveying key findings
- Responsible for effectively telling the “data and analytics story” to business users in a clear and concise manner
- Communicate findings, obstacles and opportunities to stakeholders to help drive the delivery to market
- Bring value from data to business users
- Graduate degree in IT-related field and 0-3 years of IT experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Strong business communication skills, both written and oral
- Hands on experience in data cleaning and data quality assessment, hypotheses testing, data exploration and mining, visualization techniques, algorithm selection and building predictive models using traditional as well as machine learning algorithms
- Hands on experience with traditional modeling algorithms (e.g. regression, log-regression, clustering, predictive modeling, etc.)
- Hands on experience with Python and R/R Studio
- Exposure to working with SQL, Relational Database Management Systems (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle)
- Familiarity with advanced machine learning algorithms such as neural networks and other deep learning approaches
- Familiarity with developing and deploying models on the Hadoop environment
- Some experience with AWS Sagemaker, Google TensorFlow or MS Azure ML
- Experience with collaborative development workflows (e.g., Microsoft VSTS)
- Working knowledge of application development using Hadoop components (HDFS, Spark, Hive, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Tableau or other BI visualization tools, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, SAS
- Open Source Tools in any of the above with experience in D3/R/Shiny/Python/GitHub
- Awareness of Narrative Science/ YSEOP/Automated Insights and concepts of NLG/NLP
Why choose us?
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired. If you’re comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you.
Our commitment to you: Working with one of the top Data Science firms, using some of the most advanced and patented evolutionary AI capabilities.
- Your innovative thinking and successes will be rewarded with opportunities for career advancement
- You will gain experience across a wide variety of projects and industries with one of the world’s premier Data Science firms
- You can make a difference working with high-profile clients and projects to create meaningful solutions through true collaboration
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a “Green Card”) for this role.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.