We are looking for a Special Assistant to work hand-in-hand with our Chief of Staff in supporting our Founder and CEO, Jim Steyer. This role’s core responsibilities include coordinating meetings and communications with key external and internal stakeholders, managing the CEO’s calendar, and daily briefing support.
The ideal candidate is resourceful, organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and engaged, and possesses excellent interpersonal and writing skills. The Special Assistant is a highly visible role and will report directly to the chief of staff, who heads the office of the CEO.
Please apply here or contact email@example.com directly for interest or more information.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (40 hours per week)
REPORTS TO: Chief of staff of the founder and CEO
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Work directly with the CEO and his chief of staff to leverage his time and productivity.
- Organize the CEO’s daily, complex, and continuously varying professional and personal calendar and priorities.
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls with key internal and external partners, including high-level stakeholders; manage logistics.
- Support preparation and research for the CEO’s meetings. Develop and utilize historical briefing information; provide retrieval of information. Capture minutes for meeting discussions, as necessary.
- Anticipate the CEO’s needs, problem-solve for challenges, and manage emerging issues in a proactive manner.
Support the CEO’s communications and correspondence with external stakeholders, and communicate effectively with internal leadership and staff.
- Craft regular executive communications on behalf of the CEO, including external correspondence and letters.
- Prepare memos, PowerPoint presentations, and collateral materials.
- Work with the chief of staff to update internal leadership and stakeholders on the CEO’s meetings and priorities; identify and coordinate follow-up needs.
- Act as a liaison between high-level executives and the senior management team.
- Serve as a daily internal point of contact and interface for the CEO in San Francisco; coordinate communications with internal staff.
Work on special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Help maximize the CEO’s work time by helping with special projects and tasks.
- Work closely with administrative and support teams (IT, HR, finance, etc.) to make sure all needs of the office of the CEO are handled effectively.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RÉSUMÉ:
- Bachelor’s degree. One or more years of relevant internship or work experience in a related field is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Incredible organizational skills; must be detail-oriented.
- Outstanding ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated discretion and ability to work with confidential information.
- Superior knowledge of and experience with Google Apps and MS Office (specifically Word and PowerPoint).
- Ability to use emerging technologies and tools.
THE X FACTOR:
- You are energetic, enthusiastic, disciplined, hardworking, and collaborative, and a total team player.
- You are organized and able to work on multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
- You can complete deliverables in a timely fashion and work under pressure.
- You are deeply inspired by the Common Sense mission.
- You have a tough skin and great sense of humor — even when meeting tight and unpredictable deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals.
- Great health benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and a matching 401(k).
- An organization that offers work/life balance.
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids and families!
Common Sense values the diversity of its employees and is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on our values, please visit our statement on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Common Sense will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. However, job offers are made on the condition that the applicant subsequently passes a criminal background check. If the background check indicates a prior criminal conviction, we will conduct an individualized assessment to determine whether the conviction should result in denial of employment.