Who is Conagra Brands?
We are an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.
What Can You Expect from Your Internship?
Your internship will be an 11-week immersion into Conagra Brands and our GBIS (Global Business Information Services) organization.
The analytics internship will focus on utilizing our Big Data stack to develop products and solutions to help enrich business processes with greater insights than traditional operational reporting is providing. Throughout the internship, you will be paired with a Conagra mentor who will help connect you to the Advanced Analytics Community. They will also help you to understand cutting edge technology you will be using and provide you with clarity on key goals. Over the course of the summer, you will be tasked with sourcing and leveraging marketing and promotional data in our data lake to mine insights on promotional effectiveness utilizing Python and presenting findings in an interactive Power BI dashboard.
Location: Omaha, NE
Schedule: Interns will work 40 hours a week May 23 – August 5, 2022 with potential for part-time hours extending through the school year
What are the Perks of Being an Intern at Conagra?
- Paid Internship
- Housing Assistance will be available to those who do not have housing in Omaha
- Social and Professional Development Opportunities, such as Intern Orientation, Lessons from Leaders and a Summer Send Off
- Functional and Cross Functional Trainings, Overviews, and Learnings
- Assigned dedicated mentor
- Intern class of 40+ students from 12+ colleges and universities across the country
- Perks such as “dress for your day” attire, 1 p.m. dismissals on Fridays, and free downtown parking
Are You the Right Candidate?
We’re looking for a driven, highly motivated individual who wants to be part of cultivating the most energized, highest impact culture in the food industry. If you are craving an opportunity to build your talents, make a difference, and be empowered to kick start your professional career in a refuse-to-lose environment, then we want to meet you! We encourage you to discover your own potential and we will provide you with unparalleled opportunities to make an impact.
- Are currently enrolled in a degree program with at least 1 semester remaining after your internship
- Will graduate May 2023 or later
- Are pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar majors best suited for this position
- Strong interest in technology and enjoys solving problems with analytical solutions
- Have some experience in R or Python – Classes focused on prepping, combining and mining data. Statistics and a working knowledge of data science applications a plus
- Have some experience writing SQL. Exposure to Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc. a plus
- Dashboard and report development experience
- High learning agility
- Must attach a resume to your application and should indicate anticipated graduation date
- Must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future and must be authorized to work in the United States