This position is a hybrid Project Coordinator with an advanced analytical skew. The intent of this position to serve as an entree into a more technical and immersive consulting role. As a Project Coordinator for the Strategy and Execution group, the ideal candidate will work on administrative and analytical duties in 3 different proficiencies: strategic planning facilitations, M&A analyses, and performance benchmarking engagements.
Project Coordinator responsibilities include working closely with the Project Manager to gain an understanding of the project and independently perform various coordinating tasks like schedule and risk management and maintaining project documentation. Ultimately, the Project Coordinator’s duties are to assist the Project Managers in their efforts to complete projects on time, within budget, and with high-quality standards.
This position will serve as a fast-track to becoming a Consultant at Cornerstone Advisors. A candidate who hits productivity targets may be considered for career advancement as soon as one year after beginning their role as Project Coordinator. Cornerstone is committed to investing in burgeoning talent and will reward those who are able to effectively carry out the duties and responsibilities listed below.
Primary Areas of Responsibilities:
- Vital organizational and coordination responsibilities for a project(s), which include status reporting, project plan updates, scheduling, and other administrative functions. Works directly with client and Cornerstone Project Managers
- Primary project contact for Cornerstone, Client and Vendor team members
- Notifies and escalates issues to PM as necessary
- Collaborates with PM and client to establish project plan development and update process; supports PM consistent with the agreed-upon process
- Updates and communicates changes to project plan/schedule and coordinates with project manager on deliverable execution
- Schedules calls, meetings, demonstrations and other related project activities
- Takes meeting minutes, works with PM on assignment of owners to action items, and tracks completion of action items
- Works with PM to identify, resolve and manage project issues
- Provides shell deliverables to PMs including kickoff decks, interview and information requests, scorecards, and plans, etc.
- Proofreads deliverables to ensure quality and visual appeal
- Leverage internal tools in conjunction with both public and proprietary data and analyze results
- Create detailed and complex financial models based on client invoices, contracts, and surveys
- Research complex financial data on new subjects
- Develop, draft, and edit client deliverables
- Coordinate planning engagements and facilitate sessions
- Assist consultants in drafting client deliverables using Power Point
- Manage daily client relationships during the project in addition to coordinate clients and vendor calls/meetings.
- File and track incoming documents for completeness
- Assist consultants as needed
- Special projects as assigned
- Provide a high level of customer service in response to client inquiries and requests
- Other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field or 6+ years’ experience in financial services
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Certifications in Project Management and/or similar disciplines is a plus
- Financial industry knowledge a plus
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, and gains their trust and respect.
Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s necessary; quickly zeros-in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Verbal and Written Business Communications: Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.