Global Supply Chain Analyst – Rotational
Date: Sep 8, 2021
Location: Keller, TX, US, 76248
Requisition Number: 46403
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry. This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
The Supply Chain Rotational Program is aimed at cultivating new graduates to quickly gain key business experiences through four rotations within the Corning Optical Communications (OC) supply chain. Rotations can include Planning, Logistics/Warehousing, Sourcing, and Data Enablement. Rotations will provide participants with the opportunity to learn and experience a functional aspect of OC’s supply chain.
You will focus on learning day to day tactical activities with opportunities to participate in supply chain projects and initiatives. Each participant will be supervised by a program supervisor as well as guided by a supervisor in each functional area during the rotations. At the conclusion of the program (2 years), leadership and the rotational individual will discuss and determine best next steps for Corning and the individual based on performance and skills acquired through the program.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Robust and challenging rotational assignments
- Day to day tactical plant processes
- Independent and team projects
- Mentoring, personal and group development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Selected Trainings: e.g. Yellow Belt, Green Belt Training, DOL I, 5 Conversations, Getting Results Through Others (GRO), Corning Means Business, Executive Presentations, Facilitating Teams, Project Management Negotiations, KT Problem Solving •Participants will actively take part in mentoring relationships, experiential learning and development opportunities
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Interested in working in different Supply Chain functions
- Inquisitive and curious
- Flexible and mobile
- Comfortable working on their own and in groups
- Personally driven and self-aware
Key Areas of Ownership and Involvement
- Data Enablement
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain
- Prior Supply Chain internship experience
- Being open to relocation is a strong plus
Travel and Location
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel
- Preferred location(s) are Keller, TX, or Charlotte, NC
Are you ready for an exciting career with Corning Inc? Apply today!
This position does not support work authorization sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth