Supply Chain Intern
Date: Aug 25, 2021
Location: Charlotte, NC, US, 28216
Requisition Number: 49300
Location(s): Charlotte, NC
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Scope of Position: The responsibility of a Supply Chain Summer Intern is to learn and apply SCM best practices and processes to a given Project for the SC department. Receive on-the-job training on overall production and supply chain strategies and processes through work assignments.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- To apply supply chain skills and knowledge to their assigned project or projects.
- The candidate should be able to utilize and build on solid supply chain fundamentals to complete his/her tasks.
- Pursuing a degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Relevant experience a plus.
- Demonstrates Drive and Commitment
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and solve complex problems
- Ability to change priorities and tasks as necessary
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, business/manufacturing environment
- Computer Literate in MS Office
- Project Management
- SAP knowledge and experience
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Fluent in English
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Able to work in a team environment
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte