Team Leader – 3rd Shift – Fairport, NY
Date: May 9, 2021
Location: Fairport, NY, US, 14450
Requisition Number: 45287
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide more than 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics and fluoride crystals to meet demand for unique customer needs. Consequently, this segment operates in a wide variety of commercial and industrial markets that include display optics and components, semiconductor optics components, aerospace and defense, astronomy, ophthalmic products, telecommunications components and cover glass that is optimized for portable display devices.
Scope of Position:
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Provide communication, coordination and first level of direction across shifts
- Provide coordination & direction to groups of employees, assigning tasks, and checking work at frequent intervals.
- Execute production schedules, recommend changes as appropriate
- Support production resources to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies
- Interact daily with operators and/or functional peer groups, and foster teamwork and collaboration across shifts
- Communicate and transfer of information of shift performance to leadership
- Administer work assignments
- Participate on technology teams to deliver new product and process capabilities
- Facilitate & support training plans.
- Work with support groups (e.g. facilities, engineering, quality, supply chain)
- Champion safe working environment for all personnel and support plant / corporate initiatives
- Responsible for housekeeping and 5S compliance
- Identify and implement programs to improve area performance and/or reduce operating costs.
- Acceptance of other duties as assigned
- We require a 4-year technical degree
- We are seeking excellent people skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to grasp technical details and understand impacts of the process and requirements for successful performance/quality
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Follow-up and documentation skills a must.
- Ability to build relationships within cross functional groups; team building skills
- Optical/Mechanical experience in a production based assembly system environment
- Supervisory experience
- Process orientation- find ways to improve existing organizations
- Review and interpret data to make recommendations on immediate actions, long term corrective actions, follow-up experiments, etc.
- Organized with good planning and time management skills
- Positive attitude, flexible and good work ethic
- Daily leadership to meet manufacturing schedules and deadlines
- Execute plans to meet demand and maximize manufacturing efficiency
- Assign specific tasks, provide direction and check work
- Review quality concerns and facilitate corrective actions
- Continuous improvement of efficiencies and workflow to improve overall performance
- 40+ hr week to support production, training, communication needs as required
- 3rd shift – 10:00 pm – 6:30 am
- May require occasional off shift support of production, training, other miscellaneous activity
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Corning offers a competitive salary, vacation, pension, and family medical leave.
Are you ready to start an exciting career with Corning, Inc.? Apply today!
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Rochester